Wireless routers compatible with tata indicom broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Rahulg1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,285
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the modem supplied by TataIndicom ?seems any wireless router will work. Go through old threads. Click the tag wireless router.

In my area Tata Indicom provides Broadband through cable, They have installed Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem at my place. Also if I use Wireless router will it allow me to redial if connection is dropped ?

If you are in PPP/PPPoE mode you are "always" connected.
Now do you have to dial( "bridged") to connect to Internet via the cable modem ?
Once the connection is lost at server end, nothing can be done
Test the laptop with Rj45 from modem to ethernet port.
Then transfer it to wi-fi router and try.
Redialing wirelessly, i have to read again the instructions of wifi router.
Not sure, but may not be possible. If connection fails ,you have to use the dialer again.
( check in the cable modem settings).

Update
https://broadband.forum/tata-indicom-broadband/13059-wifi-tata-indicom/

Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
I am using Netgear router with TATA Indicom. And it works (sort of).
If you are getting a ADSL/DSL connection then you need not worry, WiFi will work just like Airtel.
If you are getting LAN based connection from TATA, read on...
There is an issue with TATA and NetGear as a combination.
Issue is, TATA does not provide IP through DHCP, IP has to be configured manually for connection. Once IP has been configured, you need to login using PPPOE to TATA Indocom.
NetGear router supports PPPOE, but does not support "Fixed IP" AND PPPOE.
Solution is to use WiFi router as just a Hub/Switch. Plug LAN cbale from tata in one of the LAN ports on Netgear, and configure Fixed IP for your wireless card.
Then you can "dial" the PPPOE connection from laptop.
Plug LAN cable that TATA gives in

UNQUOTE

"Plug LAN cbale from tata in one of the LAN ports on Netgear, and configure Fixed IP for your wireless card." quoted from post 4.Note this point. Usually we connect to WAN port.Please report connection when successful. Happy surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back