Would Reliance #JioFiber use customer's routers to provide hotspot functionality?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,801
Yes, I'm sure it's there in the fine print :D

just imagine you have the power to shut down the wifi hotspot in your area. assuming you are the only one being used around there lol.

With or without the permission of the customer?
i assume they are not 'selling' the STB to the user to save on GST. so they own the STB. so they can do whatever with it. of course the main issue remains that you are paying for the power to the product.

:ROFLMAO:
just imagine you have the power to shut down the wifi hotspot in your area. assuming you are the only one being used around there lol.

Lol I know the level of awareness in our area, there will be umpteen suckers who can be convinced to keep it on 24x7 esp if they connect a phone instrument:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Social service at its finest.

i assume they are not 'selling' the STB to the user to save on GST. so they own the STB. so they can do whatever with it. of course the main issue remains that you are paying for the power to the product.
But since its in your name, you will be responsible for any hanky panky done thru your wifi network. So technically they will require your permission. That I suppose they already have in some fine print to which we have signed on day 1.

actually its a great idea if planned right i think some ISP in US was going to do this for this 5G wireless internet.

But, here's how they do it you get a discount on your broadband plans and they install a separate 5G hub in your house/ outside your house so they get a 5G node and you get a much cheaper plan since your router and the 5G node is completely separated so no security risks other than people freaking out about 5k and the radiation and cancer blah blah blah.

And if Jio halfassed this idea and made their router hotspot for their Jio hotspot thingy its going to be a security nightmare (but yeah in india i've seen lot of ISPs configure their souter so that they can have remote access). whatever jio says it shouldn't be done and if they do it just disable all wireless functionality in that entirely even if you care a tiny bit about your security and privacy.

Back