WTF!! Airtel now counts Download + Upload in FUP Calculation?

• Thread starter Thread starter eggman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,716

eggman

ISP
Airtel
I have airtel connection of 1mbps with 15gb limit, from last one year.Usually i hit the limit on 20th - 25th day.From last two months I was getting hit the 15gb withing first weeks and it was shocking. So I download a tracking s/w and wanted to see what is going on !!Now i noticed that they are counting Download + Upload as the limit of data transferred , as opposed to Download , as it was earlier. Anyone facing this problem ?Coincidentally I also re allocated to a new place and this has been happening after the reallocation !!Can there be any connection ??It's a wired connection, so I doubt about data stealing !I'm from bangalore Btw !I am getting this thing disconnected as soon as I get Act Broadband!! THis motherf**kers !! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

LOL airtel always counted upload and downloads

every one counts upload + download , THis has been case since the the starting of FUP, I would advice, to get another connection, preferably one without FUP. you may sacrifice speed, but you will get the data UP & down.

actually mtnl does not or at least did not. beam is also reportedly does not count uploads.

Well you have to understand,m MTNL & beam are city wide restricted, they are not national ISP's, I can rave all about S-Tels 3g, but nobody will know out of Bihar, Asam, Meghalaya etc. & use it.

airtel is also not a nationwide ISP. it has presence in a very limited region.

I don't mind if they count both upload and download unless some one can give me a reason why they shouldn't.What I'd like is day-time data quota and night-time data quota which many ISPs around the world do.

airtel is also not a nationwide ISP. it has presence in a very limited region.

but I think that airtel has presence in about 80%?
Does that mean that BSNL is the only nation wide operator?

^ 80% is too much. They have presence in more like 40 - 50%. They get noticed because they have got the major cities covered.

Back