Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,459
I think that in that phail video, the dude's timer was few seconds lagging behind.

The timer is actually a javascript which does not reflect Flipkart's server time. Our pc's lag or browser with slow javascript performance can cause the timer to fall behind. I refreshed my page when timer was at 1 minute and upon refreshing, it jumped to 10 seconds. That is the only reason I managed to get it. Keep that in mind.

I think that in that phail video, the dude's timer was few seconds lagging behind.

The timer is actually a javascript which does not reflect Flipkart's server time. Our pc's lag or browser with slow javascript performance can cause the timer to fall behind. I refreshed my page when timer was at 1 minute and upon refreshing, it jumped to 10 seconds. That is the only reason I managed to get it. Keep that in mind.
I was thinking the same...but technicality wont help normal customers mentality... :|

some say they imported 10400 units on 25th...and people like me (1000) have got our unit from that batch...im pretty sure...So TBH...they sold like 9000 rough odd units in 5 secs??
Still seems a bit impractical considering our janta's views towards ecommerce

I think they should just do a pre-order thing. Let people order when they want to. Give them their position in the queue and an estimated delivery date. Let them access their position in the queue at any given time. Give people the option to refund whenever they want to get out of the queue. Simple and effective.

I think they should just do a pre-order thing. Let people order when they want to. Give them their position in the queue and an estimated delivery date. Let them access their position in the queue at any given time. Give people the option to refund whenever they want to get out of the queue. Simple and effective.
But that will not create any hype na!

dunno. they are just creating negative pr for themselves. and it does not look good that on the same day you announce a fresh investment of a billion fucking dollars :o

dunno. they are just creating negative pr for themselves. and it does not look good that on the same day you announce a fresh investment of a billion fucking dollars :eek:
It a killer strategy. Mitigate negativity by some positive news.

Amazon.co.uk had an exact same strategy. I was fielding for their Black Friday sales back in 2007 in UK. I didn't manage to order a single thing and felt like revolting. Later I blamed myself and my luck. Forgave the site and moved on.

People are very forgiving when it comes to server issues. That's the reason why people still continue to go to IRCTC even though they are not always able to book tatkal tickets.

If anything, Flipkart has gained tremendous popularity due to this flash sale.

Back