You can now ask for your credit history and credit score from Cibil!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,705
Did anyone received there CIBIL report? Its been more than a week now and I havent received my report. Have send them an email, Lets see what they reply.

I paid for the report on 6th December but had to courier the documents required to their mailing address because the online authentication failed - did all of this on 6th itself & confirmed from the courier tracking number that the package was delivered to CIBIL office on 7th Dec.

I wrote an email to [email protected] on19th Dec because i had still not received any communication from their end via email or by mail + another reminder email on 20th Dec with 'Read Receipt' but they haven't replied back to the email or the 'read confirmation receipt' till date. To the best of my knowledge i have sent all documented required by courier & also included all the details like transaction number etc in the email.

P.S: My online authentication failed because i didn't remember which my lowest amount loan was :(

*Does someone know 'who' would be the next point of contact or the escalation matrix for these kind of issues ?

----------

how much time does it take to receive the report after sending in the hard copies of the documents?

I guess this helps:

I received my CIBIL report after 1 month. In my case the online authentication was successfully done.

Every time I used to call them and send follow up email asking for my report, They give me a lame excuse as "there is a slight delay in processing your request due to a technical issue at our end"

Kotak Mahindra Bank kept pestering me to take there credit card which I denied everytime and they kept inquiring CIBIL for my credit report, Because of which my CIBIL score has taken a hit.

Kotak Mahindra Bank kept pestering me to take there credit card which I denied everytime and they kept inquiring CIBIL for my credit report, Because of which my CIBIL score has taken a hit.
WTF ... So n number of companies keep approaching me to take their CCs so does that mean my credit score will be hit everytime??? That really does not seem logical... So a company I have no connection with & whose service I have never ever used can still bring down my credit score??? Would be really stupid if it is true...

WTF ... So n number of companies keep approaching me to take their CCs so does that mean my credit score will be hit everytime??? That really does not seem logical... So a company I have no connection with & whose service I have never ever used can still bring down my credit score??? Would be really stupid if it is true...

This was probably brought in western countries to eliminate unwanted loan applications + to ensure there is a proper check on the borrowing mechanism

----------

I finally got my report but there are quiet a few errors that needs to be corrected, hard to believe that my 'Credit Worthiness' really stands on some unwarranted data gathered in a really crude way.

I suggest that everyone should get their CIBIL reports checked and corrected asap or at least before applying for a loan

----------

& yes even my rating is also hit because of queries from SBI & other banks for probably offering Credit Card + also because i already have a car loan with balance of about 6.2 lakhs, taken a year ago - so 4 more years to go

If many banks request your score, they assume that you are "credit hungry" and chances are high for not paying back. That's why it effects the score negatively.

They are actually advertising this service! It's pretty much like the pollution test centers which achieve nothing but like a government sponsored extortion.

This is yet another money making business now, i pay to get my Credit Score but they don't want to correct the minor error's in office address / old phone numbers etc. *Apparently i should contact the bank who updated this information with CIBIL, i no longer have an account with them & the last transaction was over 8 years ago !
*All this in spite of providing all the proof like Address / ID etc

Back