You cannot have more than 9 connections in your name ! How to disconnected old prepaids ?

What happens if someone misused our id proof to take connection.? How can I get the details of numbers issued on my name.?

It is possible that people may misuse our id. We have to try to write while self attesting, example "Id Proof for Reliance connection 0000000000" where the number is the phone number of the connection we are taking. While for opening a Bank account, "Id proof for opening State Bank Account 21/11/2012." This will reduce the misuse, but there is no guarantee. In spite of all these exercises, the real terrorists will always find newer methods. Yes the number of people who may misuse and the possibility can be reduced. With all the precaution, ordinary small time cheats or just anybody and everybody will not be able to misuse.

If any TRAI people or big wigs are reading this, I have a suggestion to make life easier for ordinary people and also make things safer from security perspective.Let them make it compulsory to take a live photo of - the person who is filling the form and collecting the sim - using a webcam, which should then be uploaded to the operator's server immediately. We can also use old biometrics ... let the person who is collecting make thumb impression also!

Back