• Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,092

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
ok. first major rainfall of the season. airtel has been sucking since morning... and now dish tv is giving major signal problems. as if power cuts alone were not enough!freaking awesome. signals down completely! yohoo!

I heard that Dish had this problem in their Old Connections... But now since they changed satellite or something it seems the problem has been rectified completely. My uncle has Dish TV and during a heavy rainfall he managed to watch the recent India - Pak - England ODI's! :P

Well Evene I had no problems in Gujarat. They worked hard and I never got signal lost for more than 1 min. I am happy with their system.

dish tv does have major signal probs...forget bout rains..even mild showers or winds disturb my signals atleast

Some channels are OK .... others are lostI am getting 60/71 signal strength/quality .... still rainfall is a problem

Almost all the Ku band signals creat problems during rainfall or in even much cloudy weather,as we seen in Hotbird.

Hi Guys, I think signal lost during heavy rainfall is the problem with the DTH Technology not with Dish tv because i have heard it from my friends as well its the problem in other nations as well during heavy rainfall and with all DTH players. but it automatically restores as the weather clears. BUt fortunately till now i havn't face any such problem with rain fall it happens only once and that too only for 3-4 min and then automatically restored.

Dear Friends, I agree with jonny, that it was the problem with DTH technology because every dth operator worldwide having this problem. but it will last for couple of min during heavy rain and then restores immediately. even in heavy rain and heavy wind storms previously we face same problem with cable wallas as well.

for me it stays down during the entire raining session. it got so frustrating that i decided to go back to sleep. i am pretty much pissed off with dish tv right now.

Back