Zee Dish TV VGA set top box (Dishtv on computer) set up

• Thread starter Thread starter scorpio.in
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 18,601

scorpio.in

ISP
Reliance
Hi Guys,I have a samsung LCD monitor which has only VGA and DVI input and want to have a DTH on it. While checking the options , i saw only Dish TV has a set top box which has a VGA connector (Do you guys know any other provider who has it?)In their ad, they say that i can switch between my PC and my TV with a remote while using the VGA STB. Have any one tried this set up? How is the connection look like?I guess i need to connect my CPU boxes VGA out put to the STB VGA in, and there is another VGA out from STB which should be connected to my monitor's VGA in. Is that correct?And how is the clarity of this configuration?The charge when i checked with their CC is STB cost is 3390 and installation charges of 200 with 6 months free subscription.Let me also know if i have any other options too(Other than getting an external TV tuner card with regular DTH connection).

Even I would like to know more about this. Anyone using such a setup?

i think they have two ports for viewing on DISH TV STB for TV component and VGA so you can change them from the STB menu itselfalso you don't need a tuner card,if that was it then they wouldn't even provide VGA porti think they mean that you can wtach it on your computer screen by VGA (cause most have only VGC ports atleast in india) and the other post for TV component cable or composite

Watching dish tv on PC monitor is bit different.you'll need the computer ready STByour cable which currently goes from Video out of comp. to monitor would go to DISH TV STB first, then the video out from STB would go to monitor.When you turn on DISH TV STB, you can either switch between the PC output or the Channel selected. The switching of TV/PC is simple this has nothing to do with your monitor capable of handling 2 inputs.Another way of watching TV on your Samsung monitor which has both DVI D + VGA inputs I am using Intex LCD External TV Tuner which is connected to cable TV Line from local operator.DVI out from PC is going to my LCD directly, VGA out from TV Tuner card is going to VGA input on monitor, and when you turn on your monitor it would look for which signal is available and would show you thatIf my CPU is off, and TV tuner is ON, I get TV directly.IF my PC is ON, i see PCFor manual switching between PC/TVI use the 4th button on side of monitor to switch between input options.Hope it helps someone

Back