100 gbps submarine cable in ???????

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,448
Stop dreaming not in india but from Aus to Sing through Indonesia but we may have enhanced performance after that because we have cable from SIN to IND.

Article:

Leighton to build 100G bps cable to Asia ? The Register

...something is wrong with this headline - the design capacity of submarine cables these days is at least 1Tbit/s, some are nearly 4, others up to 8... but the article suggests that 100Gbit/s will be lit up on day 1.

...something is wrong with this headline - the design capacity of submarine cables these days is at least 1Tbit/s, some are nearly 4, others up to 8... but the article suggests that 100Gbit/s will be lit up on day 1.

Yeah You may be right. Today, 1 GBPS development trend is going on. However, I could not change the headline. I mentioned whatever written in the article.

I was under the impression that a good part of the fiber coming into India is currently dark (unused).

It is mostly dark. But still, the more the merrier.

what use! if it cant increase my net speed from 144kbps

That's a limitation of your (operator's) technology.

How much is the total international capacity to India and what part of that is lit??? Any idea??

How much is the total international capacity to India and what part of that is lit??? Any idea??

Last I checked somewhere between 23 and 25tbit/s, of which about 1-1.5tbit/s is lit.

Last I checked somewhere between 23 and 25tbit/s, of which about 1-1.5tbit/s is lit.

Oh, such a big waste of precious resource.
Is this information available in public domain???

Back