2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,891
Is the Kapil-Gavaskar era of infighting back....

I guess its the best time now to watch the likes of India Tv, Aaj tak. Awesome entertainment :)

Even though they had misunderstandings but they have a mutual respect to each others...

Rift in test team.....its a comment that can be bought. But rift in ODI team - i dont agree to it ryt now.

Dhoni & Gambhir both are 30.. So if you are looking at replacing Dhoni in the near future as captain, then Gambhir is the choice... But if you "intend" Dhoni to be captain for the next 3-4 years or so, then Kohli is not a bad choice, I feel.. It would be interesting to see what happens when Dhoni is not playing... Aus made Warner as vice-captain, but when Clarke was injured... Ponting was made captain :|About concerns related to best batsmen being made captain .. in other words Tendulkar earlier... Kohli now... I see one difference... Tendulkar was vice-captain & had around 7 years of international experience when he was made India captain .. but he did not have captaincy experience as such... Plus, he was the only guy winning matches.. others just hung around him... The second round as captain was marginally better... On the other hand.. Kohli has already led India under-19 and was RCB captain as well briefly... And now the team has more match winners.. Atleast on Indian pitches....Not saying that by this alone Kohli would do well... But just pointing out the difference in scenarios...

^Gambhir is better option to be a captain as he much experienced than kohli secondly he also leads india back in year and scored 2 hundreds i think . IMO Gambhir is right choice as his performance is directly influence by leadership in a positive side note

In my Opinion - Gambhir can be made Test MAtch Captain, Dhoni - ODI & T20 Captain...regarding Kohli he can be made VC...putting him captain in any form will not do any good him as well as india too...Let him play with the bat for next 2 years...leave him alone...

But i agree with Sabir here. If captain was to be changed in near future, then Gambhir was the right choice. I really dont see Dhoni leaving captaincy at this moment. He is still doing a fine job, just that the players need to give performances. If players dont perform, then bloody any strategy will appear bad & will be subject to criticism.Just like in a win, u dont give all credit to the captain, u cant blame him completely for all the losses. Yes he takes his share of blames, but the players too are responsible for it.

Anyone for the fantasy game?? Hurry up if u ant to play...matches starting tomorrow. Atleast keep ur team ready if u cant participate before match 1.

Back