300 Mn Mobile Phones is Inactive in India !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,757
I am just saying "better safe then sorry"You can simply write a letter to ur telecom company and get acknowledgment on duplicate.You can also mention that, "you are not responsible for any abuse in future, if telecom company fails to disconnect it"That is sufficient.

Absolutely agreed. It high time now Telcos should introduce termination process for prepaid numbers too.I myself have 2-3 prepaid numbers which i wish to get terminated.

mhm. i thought prepaid connections are considered canceled if they are not recharged in 6 months :|
One of my mobile number got deactivated cos I did not use it for 45 days. And vodafone said that if I dont activate in 1 more month, I will lose that number

1 of my Idea nos. got deactivated for not using it for 3 months!!And i also have an inactive Loop connection.

That means each operator is following their own policies. TRAI definitely need to work upon this and come up with some common process.

----------

Inactive subscribers still continue to plague telcos | mydigitalfc.com

Almost all the new players had at least 50 per cent inactive customers in the system last year. They sold bundled offers and freebies and focused only on increasing numbers. Only Idea, Bharti and Vodafone had over 80 per cent active customers. They continue to maintain the same.

But then there isn't any procedure either to re-activate the numbers.

Yes, there is but you must have a valid reason but they treat each as special case and can reject your request too.I have used this twice . Luckily gt my number back bcoz mistake was from subscriber end.

What else can b the reason? We get better schemes with other providers & v dont use the other card!But now that i have 2 cells at my disposal i thought of keeping it active.Wud buy a new card now!

Now that social media had become so strong that even changing number and informing all has become so easy. Number retention is usefull only if you have premium number or shared for business purposes.

Its just the hassles of getting a new card.....fill the form, submit documents....m lazy in this aspect.

Back