512kbps @ 750 UL for kolkata

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 7,368
Kolkata people are lucky. First BSNL reduced monthly charges for Home UL 750 to Rs. 500 and now they have doubled the bandwidth to 512 kbps.This makes UL 512 kbps @ Rs 500 only for Kolkata users.:thumb:

When this will available in Chennai. :huh:

Its supposed to be an autoupgrade from 256 to 512 for existing customers, but hasn't happened for me yet. Anybody else facing the same problem? Solutions anybody?Edit: Its supposed to start from 26/12... my bad! Will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it's for real.

Good move. Congrats to Kolkata users. But I am not able to understand why this partiality? Is BSNL a Indian company or belongs to Kolkata?

There is one catch here. "Bandwidth of UL750 and UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan is upgraded from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps for the period 26.12.2008 to 25.03.2009 " It doesn't say Home Plans!!!

Anyway, I really appreciate the www.calcuttatelephones.com website. They have so much information in the website. No other State's BSNL portal has so much information. Not even the main BSNL Portal (www.bsnl.in). The help related to Modem Installation in animated way is simply suberb. Hats off to the website development/management team of Kolkata. Why can't this be practised by other BSNL Portals!

I am still waiting for the day whey the Broadband Standard will start from 2mbps (from the current 256kbps) at the same rate(UL 750) :-) Today, I saw an old article dated Apr-2007 on internet which mentioned "Broadband to go free in 2 yrs". Here's the linkwhich can give you some mental satisfaction! LOL!

Govt. will provide free Broadband connection to everyone and charge 1 Rupee per MB as data tarnsfer charges.Connection will be free but data transfer will be chargeable that too high :hysterical:

The UL900 is presently UL750.

These talks about UL750 being charges at Rs. 500/- per month are circle specific and are only applicable to Calcutta (West Bengal?)

Ah, thanks.

I am a Home UL 750 subscriber. The upgradation has not been affected my connection speed till now and the time is 10 am of 26/12/2008. Has anyone got the upgradation?
I am also confused with the language of BSNL people. It's stated in the website that "Bandwidth of UL750 and UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan is upgraded from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps for the period 26.12.2008 to 25.03.2009 ."
But there's not any UL750 or UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan, both of these plans are Home plan.

I am a Home UL 750 subscriber. The upgradation has not been affected my connection speed till now and the time is 10 am of 26/12/2008. Has anyone got the upgradation?
I am also confused with the language of BSNL people. It's stated in the website that [COLOR=\"Red\"]\"Bandwidth of UL750 and UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan is upgraded from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps for the period 26.12.2008 to 25.03.2009 .\"[/COLOR]
But there's not any UL750 or UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan, both of these plans are Home plan.

Yes their language is very confusing. According to this link Calcutta Telephones you would have to apply for it.
3) Existing unlimited Home & Business customer may migrate to this plan on application basis.

It looks like the right hand of BSNL does not know what the left hand is doing :D

Back