5mbps @ 1000 Till 16GB and then 512kbps From ACT BROADBAND

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 31,234
Please see my detailed reply - I think Post #20. I think the latency to gateway is excellent - below 4 ms, compared to 35ms for Airtel DSL. So gaming might be one "power user" category where ACT Broadband is suitable. However it is not suitable for things like BitTorrent, etc.

my frnd wants it in Wilson garden...any idea about their availability?

@ACTian Are you a representative of ACT? What are your expansion plans in Bangalore? My area is currently not serviced.

For some Reason, I'm unable to open the site.

Doesn't seem like fiber....it is a LAN connection through RJ-45.

true... I spoke to the call-centre about this - turns out, they don't know much about this either... Although, I'll give them the benefit of doubt, no company will officially state such bald lies.
ACT users, sm1 can give us clarity here???

----------

Please see my detailed reply - I think Post #20. I think the latency to gateway is excellent - below 4 ms, compared to 35ms for Airtel DSL. So gaming might be one "power user" category where ACT Broadband is suitable. However it is not suitable for things like BitTorrent, etc.

I have a very little knowledge about techie stuff, and you seem to have some idea - can you explain what will make bittorrent work well and what will make online games work well. I use very sparingly the latter, and moderately the former, but want to know what factors will enhance my experience - for both. Would be nice of you to suggest an ISP also, since MTS is good to browse, but that's about it.

@ACTian Are you a representative of ACT? What are your expansion plans in Bangalore? My area r currently not serviced.

Yes very well I represent ACT, we are expanding pan bangalore on phased manner. Do let us know you area.

hey Actian, no offence intended (might even be a silly qstn - askin cuz i am not much into tech.), but what is the deal with this whole fibre thingie? your connection comes in through a LAN cable, like any other.....

hey Actian, no offence intended (might even be a silly qstn - askin cuz i am not much into tech.), but what is the deal with this whole fibre thingie? your connection comes in through a LAN cable, like any other.....

Hi obsolutely nothing wrong in the question, we are offering the fiber to the home (FTTH) technology which allows one to deliver higher bandwidths based on customre requirements. So at the customer premise we provide fiber switch from which a copper (RJ45) cable is pulled to the laptop or desktop as RJ45 is the only interface available today in all the laptops & desktops. This is common practice worldwide even countries like Japan & Korea which offers highest bandwidth to users.

Hope I clarified your concern.

Back