5mbps @ 1000 Till 16GB and then 512kbps From ACT BROADBAND

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 31,234
What about Marathalli & Kundanhalli ?

Hi obsolutely nothing wrong in the question, we are offering the fiber to the home (FTTH) technology which allows one to deliver higher bandwidths based on customre requirements. So at the customer premise we provide fiber switch from which a copper (RJ45) cable is pulled to the laptop or desktop as RJ45 is the only interface available today in all the laptops & desktops. This is common practice worldwide even countries like Japan & Korea which offers highest bandwidth to users.

Hope I clarified your concern.

It's FTTB. Not FTTH correct yourself :dry:

true... I spoke to the call-centre about this - turns out, they don't know much about this either... Although, I'll give them the benefit of doubt, no company will officially state such bald lies.
ACT users, sm1 can give us clarity here???

Hi obsolutely nothing wrong in the question, we are offering the fiber to the home (FTTH) technology which allows one to deliver higher bandwidths based on customre requirements. So at the customer premise we provide fiber switch from which a copper (RJ45) cable is pulled to the laptop or desktop as RJ45 is the only interface available today in all the laptops & desktops. This is common practice worldwide even countries like Japan & Korea which offers highest bandwidth to users.

Hope I clarified your concern.

thanks, was wondering where exactly fiber will connect to my system.
Yes, i ve got it clarified.

Yes very well I represent ACT, we are expanding pan bangalore on phased manner. Do let us know you area.

@ACTian, Any plans for HSR layout?

Hi and thanks audioslave - u said act gives FTTB although they say FTTH. What is the difference? Should that be a cause for concern? Cuz I need a decent BB connection in bangalore and i am thinking ACT. Sick of MTS already.

Thanks for your reply, Btw we do both FTTH & FTTB and the portal will be updated soon.

----------

thanks, was wondering where exactly fiber will connect to my system.
Yes, i ve got it clarified.

Currently the fiber terminates at building switch incase of FTTB and to AONT incase of FTTH. There are options to ONT with Wifi so typically your system connects thru wireless or copper (RJ45).

Sorry, I have never heard any ACT customer Telling me they have got FTTH and Its not possible as of now in Brown Fields. Beam and ACT ARE providing via FTTB. There's No chance of any isp Providing FTTH, It's not yet matured.

Sorry, I have never heard any ACT customer Telling me they have got FTTH and Its not possible as of now in Brown Fields.
Beam and ACT ARE providing via FTTB. There's No chance of any isp Providing FTTH, It's not yet matured.
No my friend has got an IPTV by FTTH only. Internet service to start by this month.

@ACTian will you be expanding your services to Anantha Nagar phase- 1 , near electronic city in Bangalore ?There is a big locality and apartment complex here waiting for a good broadband service provider.

Back