Accessing Airtel Xstream AirFiber ODU Web Interface (OD523)

ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber - 1 Gbps
ACT Fibernet - 500Mbps
My friend recently got an Airtel Xstream AirFiber connection, and I Thought to Find the details and access the web interface.

After checking the IMEI and MAC, I discovered the ODU is manufactured by a Turkish company, General Mobile, model OD523 CPE. However, there was no documentation available online.

I found the IP address and opened the web interface, but the default admin/admin credentials didn't work. I tried using the serial number (SN) as the password, which allowed me to access the ODU, but it was restricted like other Airtel ONTs.

While in Inspect Element, I noticed an engineer account mode, but no credentials were available for it.

Last edited:
You might want to hide the IPv6 address and cell tower identification information.

The product code has text "Sub6", I guess that might mean this ODU does not support mmWave. Assuming Airtel has made this future proof, we might not see mmWave deployment from them anytime in the near future.

@akshay71 mmWave might be a failure for mobile devices but not for FWAs. So I had a question here, are new Airtel Xtreme airfiber connection based on mmWave like Jio Airfiber?

@ISPUser2 Even Jio's Airfiber is not based on mmWave infact it's not 5G at all now they're using WiFi. So don't expect Airtel to give u mmWave based

Also, the IDU of Airtel airfiber is their fiber ONTs, with the green optical port. Maybe they have plans to connect fiber and use airfiber as a backup?

Back