Airtel Xstream Airfiber overview/mini review

Sharing of Data where the customer has activated the Unlimited 5G Data shall not be allowed via mobile hotspots.
This is bad.
Last week my Broadband was down due to electricity failure. I used mobile with Jio 5G as hotspot. Mobile was connected to 5G network throughout, and I never felt like I was using internet through mobile. Download speed was 250 Mbps, upload 20 Mbps :D

Sharing of Data where the customer has activated the Unlimited 5G Data shall not be allowed via mobile hotspots.
They don't enforce this afaik. But carriers in US detect this via TTL. I don't know about Airtel

@vishalrao they do actually come and visit your house to check signal and all, and set up the device (before taking the payment)
given you live in the same city as the Airtel store selling it

@rajat_ I haven't really compared 4G speed compared to my mobile, should be an interesting comparison (should also be able to check if it has CA in 4G, as the webui displays that info)

@albonycal upload speed is definitely impressive and pretty much always higher than my mobile (galaxy s23) by a significant margin

Last edited:
Can the CPE act as modem only i.e. in bridge mode? Can we turn off the wifi? Also what happens to the 5g internet if we connect another wired internet to the WAN port?

Back