First Airtel Xstream AirFiber connection in Kolkata

Hi guys I just got installed Airtel AirFiber in Kolkata Rajpur-Sonarpur area, as my local tower is still not upgraded to 5G so they connected my device to a tower around 2.5km distance which is 5G. Getting DL around 110mbps and UL 80mbps with their stock router(which itself is an ONT) and if I directly connect the POE switch Cat6 to my OWrt router I'm getting a little low speed like exactly 100mbps DL and 60mbps like UL speed.
Will update you guys if I found anything new change
And one more thing that I'm just bragging about that I'm am the first person to get the connection in Kolkata 😅😅

Last edited:
@ISPUser2 I'm not spending that much time with airfiber settings these days as I'm directly using it with my own router and getting a perfect 100mbps down and up speed. Regarding 200/300mbps plan Airtel hasn't launched anything above 100mbps till now, but atleast now I'm happy with airfiber connection as I'm getting full speed anytime of the day and airtel atleast lets users to use their own router unlike jio who just locks down the complete device, my only complaint Airtel till now is the data cap of 1TB, it should be increased equal to fiber as we are paying the same of fiber connection, while in mobile device Jio is literally giving unlimited data why on Airfiber which is a dedicated internet accessing device they cannn't and should not give atleast 3TB data? Is it a fair thing?

Last edited:
They are not going to increase FUP limit. It will most likely remain at 1TB. No point asking if its a fair or not.

Back