First Airtel Xstream AirFiber connection in Kolkata

Hi guys I just got installed Airtel AirFiber in Kolkata Rajpur-Sonarpur area, as my local tower is still not upgraded to 5G so they connected my device to a tower around 2.5km distance which is 5G. Getting DL around 110mbps and UL 80mbps with their stock router(which itself is an ONT) and if I directly connect the POE switch Cat6 to my OWrt router I'm getting a little low speed like exactly 100mbps DL and 60mbps like UL speed.
Will update you guys if I found anything new change
And one more thing that I'm just bragging about that I'm am the first person to get the connection in Kolkata 😅😅

Last edited:
Did they provided set top box? How is the performance of set top box, quality of channels & do they actually provide all channels of star, Sony and zee?

Sorry for the delay guys, actually there was a thunderstorm day before yesterday so my ODU got some problem(It lost 5G and started to catch 4G) which I didn't noticed first as DL was 100mbps but when I checked the ping it was almost 70ms, so yesterday afternoon I lodge complain they send the technician within 3hrs the again fitted the ODU firmly with new ziptie and it's back to 5G again.
@subandhu21 No I've not tested it yet as I don't have a landline,
@aftabIN and @ritwik2000 IMG-20240409-155459-1 hosted at ImgBB , IMG-20240409-155443 hosted at ImgBB , IMG-20240409-155346 hosted at ImgBB
@ritwik2000 is ODU and IDU is different/separate
@Himanshu42 yes they do provide STB but I took the standalone plan here check these link, as I myself and my family members don't watch TV or OTT at all, my dad used to watch only football so we do have a local cable connection with all the Sports channel only in À la carte pack😅
IMG-20240404-WA0000 hosted at ImgBB , IMG-20240404-WA0001 hosted at ImgBB
And anyone from Kolkata(Specially Garia/Jadavapur/Tollygaunj/Dhakuria) region can contact with +917044863158(Sandeep Tiwari) for fast connection as he is solely working with AirFiber team so can get connection without booking through Thanks App.

Last edited:
@ritwik2000 at least for now it looks promising that's why I took Airtel AirFiber even having Jio AirFiber and Jio Fiber. What I do like about Airtel till now is that they atleast give a pure internet plan without that STB bundle and speed after FUP is 2mbps which is almost enough to load a webpage where as Jio drops to 64kbps which is just unbearable to me.
And when I contacted/mailed to Airtel WB CC head(I know him through a friend of my friend) he assured me that like Jio they will also introduce better speed plans and data topup plans after few months of watching the results and few more new cities launch. And I hope till then Airtel will also do something for 5G SA so fingercrossed

@param_satya_ is RJ 11 port present on your indoor unit? there is a green color port on your Indoor unit. is it RJ 11 port?

@subandhu21 bro the ODU don't have rj11 even Jio AirFiber ODU don't have it. Yes IDU has rj11 but they will start to support it later, it's like Jio business strategy first give device to more customer and then if there are many requests then start the service

Back