First Airtel Xstream AirFiber connection in Kolkata

Hi guys I just got installed Airtel AirFiber in Kolkata Rajpur-Sonarpur area, as my local tower is still not upgraded to 5G so they connected my device to a tower around 2.5km distance which is 5G. Getting DL around 110mbps and UL 80mbps with their stock router(which itself is an ONT) and if I directly connect the POE switch Cat6 to my OWrt router I'm getting a little low speed like exactly 100mbps DL and 60mbps like UL speed.
Will update you guys if I found anything new change
And one more thing that I'm just bragging about that I'm am the first person to get the connection in Kolkata 😅😅

Last edited:
@MeanMachine right now they don't have any separate recharge plans/TopUp plans like Jio or penalty fee. The engineer who installed told me that after it get launched few more cities and metros and which will be done within 6 months as far as he knows from his senior, Airtel gonna introduce new plans up to 1000mbps and new Data sachet, so lets see.
And one more thing, I don't know if it's true or false but the engineer also told me that AirFiber will have 3.3TB bandwidth in future like before, as their test sim(they put it in ODU to test and activate the ODU for the first time) has been increased to 3.3TB data limit which was 1TB till last week, so finger crossed

Last edited:
I already have a DTH connection from airtel. If I opt for 699 or 899 plan which includes DTH, can I use the DTH pack with the existing DTH connection?

Is there any way to access the ODU management URL (if available)?

Edit: I got the URL, but I don't know the password of the "admin" user (password: admin) not working.

Last edited:
@a.banerjee sorry for delayed reply. For login the iPhone is 192.168.10.1 but for early days the uname and password need to be blank but after few days it's not working and strictly a password is needed and I've not played with it as I'd some work

@a.banerjee Sorry for the typos in the previous massage, the ODU login IP is 192.168.10.1, though I'm not able to login with any password combination, I think that Airtel has disabled it like Jio Airfiber ODU and in that case I fear I/we might not be able to use our own router directly connected to ODU

@param_satya_ No one can lock the CPE device in that way. It is illigal. Customer must have access to the CPE devices, they can lock some settings but they can't prevent customer to access the CPE. You have to try hard to get the password 😄.

Back