ACT BB, Port forwarding problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Smokinjoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 44,394
No, even with DHCP you will get private IP these days.

Hi Guys...

I am also faced the same problem (Port forwarding for my IP camera with Act fibernet).

But Act fibernet Customer care executive solved my Port forwarding issue. :) :) :)

Actually I made call to Customer care 3 days before. And they asked me to wait for 3 days to resolve this issue.

Yesterday one executive called me and he gave some instructions.. I just followed his instructions. (I am not a technical person. So i am not remember those settings. But he asked me to enter lot of IP address in my router)

Thats it.... My problem solved..

Now Port forwarding is working for me. Now I am getting Public IP. Now I am viewing my IP camera from different network :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But now i am facing one different issue after this configuration. I am not able to open "My account" Page. For that I raised a complain.

Update:

Now "My account" page also opening for me. Customer care solved that issue also.. :):)

Last edited:
They implement Double NAT-ing to solve the problem. They make the required changes at their end and walk you through the changes to be made in your router. With that you pretty much get a static WAN IP.

Client router end changes:
PPPoE settings will be changed to static ip. No portal login required.
They provide you their DNS settings that you can discard, if you want to use Google or other 3rd party DNS.
You may not require DDNS going forward. But if you still need it, you can directly assign your public IP to the DDNS. If you still want the router to register, then your router should be capable of registering 'NATed Public IP' with your DDNS provider.

As expected, ping slows down considerably.

They implement Double NAT-ing to solve the problem. They make the required changes at their end and walk you through the changes to be made in your router. With that you pretty much get a static WAN IP.

Client router end changes:
PPPoE settings will be changed to static ip. No portal login required.
They provide you their DNS settings that you can discard, if you want to use Google or other 3rd party DNS.
You may not require DDNS going forward. But if you still need it, you can directly assign your public IP to the DDNS. If you still want the router to register, then your router should be capable of registering 'NATed Public IP' with your DDNS provider.

As expected, ping slows down considerably.

Hi Shr,

Something you are saying technically. But even single point i am not able to understand. :p :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry..

whatever it may be.. now its working for me.. :party: :party::clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :rofl: :rofl:

But thanks for your reply. :happy:

Folks,

I have got ACT recently and i need port forward as well. What need to be done. Please advice.

cheers.

@shr I have called them .. They will change it to static IP ..

However i see i can connect them via DHCP mode also on Apple router. but Apple is throwing Double NAT warning (Along with Orange color ) ..

Back