ACT BB, Port forwarding problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Smokinjoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 44,394
Nope, just tried again. Glad it works for you though, you should go ahead and ask them to attach your router MAC address like xyzzy.

2gqgnQt.webp
MMyZLqy.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot!.. at this moment, i'm hoping that ACT does not change the network configuration in my locality. I host a Private cloud. not being able to connect from external network (internet) would be problematic. I guess i have to keep a backup connection active just to be on he safer side..

nik263, I use the regular portal.acttv.in login and (from a week now) I get 10.x.x.x address - so am unable to configure incoming RDP.

No help is forthcoming - even my cancellation and refund to CC has resulted in silence.

I'll try talking to the senior engineers again and ask them if they can selectively change this behavior for customers. I'm in the M.G Road area which is part of the Shanti Nagar sector for ACT. @SunilGuptaSG which area are you?

mS8^Y4prh8,

Thanks for the offer! I hope that you succeed.

I am also part of Shantinagar sector (I am on Magrath Road). Several engineers have called and once I repeated the issue said they will revert in 15 minutes - which never happened. I wrote to the zonal head and that mail too went to the regular customer care with the same inane response...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some friends confirmed that the Banashakari area is also tunneled to Vijayavada. I think they did this to most of the city and are now planning to finalise it soon.

I recollect Port Forwarding was working for me about 6 months back. Later I didn't use it.
Now, I want to RDP to my Home PC from outside using port forwarding, but its not working.

I read this thread and found that others are also facing similar issue.

I am getting the IP 106.51.xxx.xxx (Indiranagar, Blore). Tried enabling RDP port as well as WWW port in my router setting for Port forwarding, but no luck so far.

What is the alternative?

On another note: i noticed the daily usage log is removed and they are providing consolidated usage now. Customer care says its real-time usage, but I noticed it doesn't work always

Hello ACT.. any updates on the ticket I have raised for the above mentioned port forwarding issue? Ticket#2014073110001964.

I dealt with this issue a few weeks ago. The helpline was of no use, so I talked to the nodal officer and explained the issue to him. He insisted that logging in through the portal will get me a public IP like before, but it's not convenient logging in every 24 hours (ACT has a 24 hour session limit on both PPPoE and portal login). I persisted and he noted down a complaint.

Next day I received a call from a helpful engineer, who told me she will associate my MAC address to my account and I won't have to bother with PPPoE or login pages. Try requesting for the same thing, maybe you'll get a faster resolution.

Did you get solution for this ? Was she able to bind your mac ? Was this your machine or router mac ? Thanks in advance.

Back