ACT Broadband guys cheating me by adding false GB's to my account!! 500GB in 15days empty even if there is low usage.

• Thread starter Thread starter sheetaltg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,715
ISP
ACT Broadband
Hi,
My ACT Broadband Account Number is : 102650026047.
As usual my internet consumption is very low. But in ACT records this month(May2023) my 500GB got finished in just 15 days
and on 15th May 2023 I recharged with 354 rupees to get 100GB flexybytes and it also got finished in just 2 days of time.
This is just unbelievable!!!
I suspect some kind of cheating/fraud happening at ACT. Their Customer service person (Muktar Miya) told me that in 100GB
I have used 68GB but here in the app it was showing 100GB finished. On asking him if 68GB consumed then where is the remaining
32GB ?? He has no answer for this!! Simply told the backend team will check and contact me.

One of the person from ACT saying that its showing my MAC address only.
I checked the usage graph in https://selfcare.actcorp.in/data-usage
It is showing I have uploaded this much as per the dates below..
23GB on 11/05/2023.
99GB on 12/05/2023.
141GB on 13/05/2023.
150GB on 14/05/2023.

which is not at all possible with this 40mbps speed and I don't have this much cloud space to upload anything.
(I have 15GB limited space provided by Google only) (Also Night time laptop will be turned off)

after recharging of flexibytes its showing 90GB uploaded which is highly impossible in one day time.

Which is obviously impossible in my usage that too in 40mbps speed.
This is clearly a fault at the ACT metering that false GB's are added in my account.

Nobody is replying to my mails written to [email protected]

they are back to there best, i ditched ACT almost 5 yrs back for the same reason, one of the first customers in our area to go with ACT, used to be such a good ISP, some crooks spoiled it.

They had no explanation whatsoever to additional usage on my account, mind you those were FUP days.

Lol, they still have such a low Data Limit in 2023?
I thought ISP's said goodbye to Data caps during Covid.

@rajat_ I spoke with many ACT customer care guys but nobody has any explanation about the extra added GB's. Nobody solved this issue and I had to wait till it gets reset on 1st of June2023. My money for flexybytes is gone. This is the last month with ACT. I will ditch these guys and look for other reliable broadband service providers.

We are in the same boat. On the 23rd of February 2024, I subscribed to an ACT Fibernet connection for a three-month plan. However, I have recently discovered that my internet quota has been depleted far sooner than expected.

Upon investigating the usage data, I found that an excessive amount of data, approximately 390GB per week, has been consumed since the beginning of the month. It is evident that this usage far exceeds my own, indicating unauthorized access and usage of my connection.

It looks like a New Scam by Act Fibernet.

You guys must check your wifi passwords. I had been using ACT for nearly 3 years before switching to Airtel and never even had this problem once.

Back