BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, their strategy is sure working. I for one is upgrading to a higher plan because of this nonsense.

Good work ACT! Hopefully theres nothing like 'Karma comes back to bite at you' at a later point for this theft you resort to.

dd wrt has router level data counters so that you can find out exactly how much data passed through the router at all times
Dextermorgan - The same thing happened to me. Two days back my FUP usage was around 30 GB and now it has gone to around 80 GB. I have just raised a complaint to ACT regarding this issue. Did they send you the usage details? If they did , did it mention from where the downloads where made and the websites that were visited?

They've yet to reply me this month. But for last two months, they sent a excel sheet which has your IP address along with the data downloaded from ip address. Problem is, it showed usage even when I know for a fact that my PC and router were switched off at that time.

This month, my usage is 245GB according to them whereas glasswire shows 101GB usage and in that too only 76GB was download and rest was upload. I downloaded a couple of games in steam and this would account perfectly with 76GB where as 245GB is extreme

They called me yesterday saying my usage crossed 200GB so why don't you take 60mbps with 125GB FUP. I asked them if there are any more plans with higher FUP and they said no plans at the moment.

Don't they also give the Mac address of the origin port ?

Chances are that someone else may be using your user name / password to access internet

They've yet to reply me this month. But for last two months, they sent a excel sheet which has your IP address along with the data downloaded from ip address. Problem is, it showed usage even when I know for a fact that my PC and router were switched off at that time.

This month, my usage is 245GB according to them whereas glasswire shows 101GB usage and in that too only 76GB was download and rest was upload. I downloaded a couple of games in steam and this would account perfectly with 76GB where as 245GB is extreme
Does it show the specifications of the data that has been downloaded (from which site and what) or just the bandwidth downloaded?

Does it show the specifications of the data that has been downloaded (from which site and what) or just the bandwidth downloaded?
only the ip address and pc address is shown. for actual sites visited, one should have an FIR from the police. Also the amount of data downloaded is shown .

Back