BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Zaphod
I realize, I have made a fool of myself!! I'm a techie but it never clicked to me about the speedtest.net being a data hogger. Your argument sounds logical, I stopped using speedtest for a while and did the same browsing I previously did, there is no increase in the data usage so far. Thanks for sharing. I hope other people here will take a note about the speedtest thing.

Reactions: Jay
wow,i didn't know speed test consumes that much data even when you are using act server

Yup, I was testing 4G speeds on Airtel in Bangalore and the internet pack got over after the first few tests. I consistently got 36 Mbps Down and around 4 Mbps Up.

If you use the Android app, it'll show the amount of "Data Used" for the test under each Speedtest Result Detail tab.

Same problem here my usage was 20 GB and a day later it is 88gb and then I called act and they said they will send someone but no one came and they reset the fup to 10 Gb but again a day later it had gone to 80GB I even had to pay 1000₹ to reset fup but it never solved the problem !!!

ACT must act at once to see that these problems are resolved, or they will lose the consumer trust forever.

I shifted my house and took a new plan with ACT Fibernet. 30GB 10MBPS
  1. Speed doesnt seem like 10MBPS but it is fine. Even if it is 2-3 MBPS, normal user doesnt mind
  2. The real problem is 30GB gets over within 15 days. Now you may tend to believe that usage is high. But it is not. Here is the comparison.
I had Airtel Broadband previously. 60GB Data plan between 3 guys. Used to watch movies, videos, etc on Youtube. Sometimes the limit reached but that with 1-2 days remaining. Used to also play online radio.

Here we are 2 people. After shifting I have rarely watched online videos. First month we got high usage so we took care next month. The other person ever since watches video on 240 P. Total 2 movie downloads. My use is just net browsing. And yet with 15 days left, data plan over.

How is that possible? Asked for a report. But doesnt make any sense as there is no way I can verify.
However my past usage clearly tells that I am being fooled by ACT Fibernet.

Have locked my money for 3 months. Planning to go back to Airtel post that.

Advise to all people - Avoid ACT Fibernet for simple reason of not being trustworthy.

yup. tons of people on this forum have reported this issue. airtel has this issue but it is marginal compared to what act seems to be doing.

I've been using ACT for several months and I've never faced this issue. The bandwidth that ACT shows on their page matches my router data meter.

Anyone complaining of data discrepancy, please post a screenshot of your local data meter.

Back