BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All,

Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

^ my act customer ID is in the first post of this thread. you would have found it if you bothered to read the post before spamming here

I suspected the same situation here since last 3-4 months. So dd-wrt came to rescue . And comparing the usage reported by my router there is a huge difference ..almost 10GB .And this month ACT reports that I have crossed FUP .

Here's a screen shot of usage from my router
fqNjcEy.jpg

But act says 50.19 GB used and my FUP is reset .And now I'm at 512 kbps :(.

Last edited:
Whats your FUP limit?

I know ACT doesn't count uploads but If I add my upload= downloads, its coming close to the figures ACT tells me I used for last 3 months. But again, ACT only confirmed uploads are not counted. So I dunno wtf is happening

Whats your FUP limit?

I know ACT doesn't count uploads but If I add my upload= downloads, its coming close to the figures ACT tells me I used for last 3 months. But again, ACT only confirmed uploads are not counted. So I dunno wtf is happening
I'm on the Blaze plan ; so FUP is 50 GB . Like your observation, if I add up upload + download it comes close to what ACT reports .But their call center claims that uploads are not considered . So yes there is some thing funny going on..

lately i am crossing my FUP much earlier than before ,seems like the data counting is inaccurate on ACT fibernet and they don't reset the fup until morning of the new month,even after 12 in the midnight technically which will be the start of the new month and yet pathetic 512 kbps while the data is counted for the new month

But I set my upload speeds to zero. And just let a single popular torrent seed for ~100gb to maintain my ratio. And uploads don't count in ACT ..atleast in hyd
Zero is unlimited for torrent, set 10 kb/s you will save more data getting uploaded from your end to other p2p users.

But I set my upload speeds to zero. And just let a single popular torrent seed for ~100gb to maintain my ratio. And uploads don't count in ACT ..atleast in hyd
Zero is unlimited for torrent, set 10 kb/s you will save more data getting uploaded from your end to other p2p users.

Could one you guys install dd-wrt firmware or equivalent on your router and check usage ..?

I had to reset my FUP by paying extra this month because of some urgent work .I think this is a clever strategy by ACT to force users to reset FUP by paying extra .
Could we have an official reply on how the usage calculation is done and why there is a difference between router's calculation and ACT's calculation?

Back