ACT fibernet 100Mbps rip off

• Thread starter Thread starter ChoGathOP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 12,064
Well. You should definitely complain about the rude support guy! I am not sure what is the best way to do that. :\

People are suffering here with 2~3 mbps speed and you come here and complain about 95mbps speed, ofcourse people are not gonna be partial to you. That being said, its nothing personal.

In ur case, ACT speeds are correct. ACT support is not.

dextermorgan,

I understand not everyone gets to enjoy the speeds I'm being offered here. I came here to complain about something I'm paying for. Something that I thought was rightful to demand. I learnt I was wrong. You were comparing me with people suffering with 2-3Mbps. I'm paying for what's available here. They are paying for what's available there. Bringing it up was totally uncalled for. Partiality is not I was looking for. Well I got my answer from chromaniac who was kind enough to explain the TRAI rules and I'm satisfied.

Learn some manners and know your limits. Your first response itself was not welcoming for someone who is new here.

Thanks.

Let us bypass the router for the moment. You said even with the ACT cable directly plugged into your computer, it was 95 Mbit/s.

Have you
1. Updated your network drivers?
2. Checked if your ethernet port is capable of 1000 Mbit/s? It probably is, but no harm in checking. For some reason if it's 100 Mbit/s, then you can't do anything.
3. Checked if the link speed on your ethernet adaptor/port on your computer is set to 'Auto Negotiation'?

There should be some marking on ACT's ethernet cable which mentions the type of cable - cat 5 or cat 5e. Please look at it and let us know.

Finally, this is what I'm seeing now.
Q: Help. Getting 6.5 Mbit/s on a 8 Mbit/s plan. Getting 3.2 Mbit/s on a 4 Mbit/s plan.
A: Contact exchange. Contact engineer. Ask to increase line rate. Escalate. All the best.

Q: Help. Getting 95 Mbit/s on a 100 Mbit/s plan
A: QUIET!

Last edited:
Sigh. The guy did not know about the 80% minimum requirement. It does not matter if he is getting 95mbps. But if he is paying for 100mbps, he has to get what he is paying for (80mbps in this case). It also does not matter what the rest of the country is getting in comparison. Move to Hyderabad/Bangalore if you want to get Act. Blame your local government for sucking so much that a decent fiber broadband company is not finding your city lucrative enough. But a consumer should have the right to demand what he is paying for. Even if he is getting a much better deal than all of you (us as I am in the same group).

Back