ACT Fibernet FTTH Bangalore Review: 300 Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter ryuk_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2,431
ISP
ACT Fibernet(FTTH)- 300 Mbps(BLR)
Airtel Xstream Fiber-100 Mbps(Pune)
I got the connection installed today. To my surprise it is an FTTH Connection. The good part is that they have provided the TP-Link Archer AX1500 Wifi 6 Router. The fiber is terminated inside my home to a ONU and then a Cat cable is connected to the router. I am glad that they didn't go for cheap chinese ONTs.
The installation team did a pretty good job with wiring and everything although the whole setup looks a little cluttered. Download and upload speeds are pretty good, 350-400+ Mbps up and down.
3Ik5BuD.jpeg

Here's the image of the whole setup.
Cabling was done very neatly and the whole process took over an hour.

Finally ACT has moved to FTTH atleast in my area(HSR Layout). This should hopefully improve their services.

Source
H19kIfS.jpeg

Last edited:
How is ping to various locations? Not really useful to me, but I like to see it. xD

Try Cloudping.info and www.meter.net/tools/world-ping-test

It came in a blue-white box, right?

Yeah the usual TP-Link box, it's a brand new router with custom ACT firmware. Nothing is locked tho, I was able to change DNS and setup VPN in the router settings itself.

Normal browsing feels snappier compared to Airtel, maybe it's because of a better router.
I got a very good deal, it comes down to 1279 per month with free Wifi-6 router and installation. Usually its around 1400 a month but the sales person gave me a flat discount of 10% on the total amount. I just had to ask for it.
Overall it seems VFM for a 300 Mbps connection.

Last edited:
@ryuk_ which area in bangalore ACT provide ftth?

Yes, in general i also felt browsing over ACT connection was snappier then Airtel. I've both now connected to same router.

Back