Act Gigabit Plan with OTT Apps for Rs. 1499

ISP
Alliance BB, Indinet BB (SITI), Jio Fiber, Jio 5G
9pt2kx.png

ACT now providing 1 Gbps at 1500 + OTT at some places such as Eluru but not at Tier-1 cities. I am so jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
@AD2011 now that's more like it. If only we could get 1G at Rs 1500/. Today I pay that much for 300 with both Airtel and TPF.

And @Lolita_Magnum is right...a family can make do even with a 100 Mbps connection. Most of my neighbours have this line speed either from Airtel or TPF and all are happy. Best to watch WAN data in/out graphs to gauge whether you need more speed or not.

@Chip @AD2011 this offer from ACT is most likely an introductory or festive offer. If you see ACT plans for cities like bangalore,chennai and hyderabad , it is much more expensive. I don't think a lot of people from non tier-1 cities are going to opt for a 1 Gig plan because of obvious reasons.
Just checked their website the same offer is applicable in a lot of cities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices vary from Tier 1 to Tier 2 cities. ISPs charge more in Tier 1 for multiple reasons including more spending power. Unless these guy drop their prices who in the world will opt for super fast connections? They will continue puttering along with 100 or 200 Mbps and there will be no additional income for ISPs. There is marginally higher cost of offering 1G compared to say 300 or 500 but remember, prices charged to subscribers per month for a 1G are 2x to 3x that of a 300 or 500 connection. It is heck of a lot more profitable for the ISP. @Lolita_Magnum do you think so too?

Yes and no. If we purely speculate based on cost of offering, it is not any more expensive than providing a 1Mb connection over the same infra.
If we ignore the routing power required on the customer side (assuming, they will bear that cost or it's 100% BYOD). The infrastructure is already there ready to push, the only provider that will fall behind are those that are completely reliant on T1 ISPs of India for transit. (For domestic, as a very good chunk of India's usage stays in India thanks to localization and increased push of PoP based DCs)
Even in that case, ISPs prefer to buy based on what is called the 95th percentile. So, unless everyone will Rev up their 1G at max all the time, that hopefully should not be an issue.

In majority of the places ACT is running on EPON based networks, I wonder how they are going to keep 1Gbps users happy!

In case of a gigabit connection, ACT terminates Fiber line at customer premises on a managed 8/16 port switch which they use for FTTB as well. Only one port(through which Cat6 cable is connected) is enabled and rest of the ports are disabled.

In my city, act giga is 1999+gst per month. Maybe we might see drop in prices in coming years.

Ya, this is for a T-1 city though. For ppl who can afford or need, this is good thing.
But for bglr and chennai, this plan somehow doesn't exist.

Back