Act Gigabit Plan with OTT Apps for Rs. 1499

@trichola I've mentioned the speeds on WiFi above. I've not connected any device with lan to my router yet. Ping on WiFi is 3ms to 5ms.

Wow, basically you are getting dedicated 1gbps from your LCO. That is much better than GPON deployments from Jio/Airtel.

@Venkata Ramesh Chandra V
Is there an FUP limit on the ACT Giga plan? If so, how much is it? Used to have a 150mbps plan from ACT a year ago and it used to have a 3.3TB limit.

@Venkata Ramesh Chandra V
Thanks for the confirmation.

I tried to get a new connection with the Giga plan in Nellore and the sales rep even created a prospect number and sent the payment link to me. But soon after, he called and informed that after checking with the installation team, they are not providing gigabit connections in most areas of Nellore except for a select few citing some limitation with the "main server" and "FX boxes" (not the GX ONT box that's supposed to be installed on-premise). Now my whole neighborhood already has many ACT connections with the shared box model (ethernet cables coming out of a single 8/16 port switch) with most of the connections being 200mbps or less. So what exactly is the new infra that's required externally for a gigabit connection to be provided?

Anyone here has an idea on what exactly are they talking about and if there is any way I can reach out to some higher-level contacts at ACT and get the necessary work done for the connection to be provisioned?

Back