Aero effects suddenly stopped working.

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
Booted the pc normally and it took a little longer than ususal. But from then on aero effects stopped working. Tried troubleshooting and it told me that my video card doesn't support aero ..which is not the case since I've been using them from past 3 years. Tried updating intel video drivers but it showed that my drivers are up-to-date. Advise ..

Is your Windows still activated? :P

Try this:Force Enable Aero in Windows 71. Click on Start and type regedit at run 2. Now Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM 3. In the right details pane, create following Three DWORD (32-bit value) entryUseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.Blur, and set its value to 0.Animations, and set its value to 0. 4. Close Regedit 5. Click on Start and type CMD with administrative Priviliges 6. Now type following commandNet Stop uxsmsNet Start uxsmsAbove command will stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager. 7. Now you can turn on Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize -> Select Windows ColorsSource: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/windows-7-aero-disabled-how-can-i-enable-it-again/aa760f0f-eec1-4a36-b212-c96130038d5c

Still no change. Even tried rebooting system ..its taking just a tad bit longer to reboot ..so Iam guessing there maybe some program preventing aero to start.

ah. Just uninstalled video drivers and rebooted. Upon booting, windows automatically downloaded new drivers ..and all's well again.

My computer stopped playing audio. Had to reboot to fix it too.
Is there a new malware in town? D:

Thing is I rebooted a number of times before posting the problem here ..it was not fixed. Now I just uninstalled the drivers and let windows install one on its own. I guess these are the perks of having legit windows copy.

Back