Airtel 98 rupee Edge plan to offer 650MB data with 21 day validity now

• Thread starter Thread starter lubob
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 9,924
Airtel > VF in Mumbai, now thats a first :O

Indoor coverage pretty much sucks though. :p

Havent checked that as much. But outdoors, this is some 5th or 6th such occasion where VF failed, but Airtel was going strong.

@ghpk.....

We can understand the frustration!

Always in 2G net is very slow, i thought it is 32 kbps? but here they are telling after 2 gb they will reduce to 40 kbps?

heh. typical airtel. 2GB data followed by unlimited usage at 40kbps for 149 bucks.

from airtel's website :

oye! speeds will be 2G or 3G on these plans ? If still 2G it really sucks now days.

VF has already changed their plans! I activated the pack on Jan 2, and was shocked to see 650 MB only, for Rs.98!

ah was going to post it here.

India's biggest mobile phone company by revenue and customers, Bharti Airtel, has increased 2G data rates late last week, and its closest rivals, Vodafone and Idea Cellular, are expected to do the same as cash-strapped telcos are pulling out all the stops to cover costs and improve margins.

The Sunil Mittal-promoted company, that has been cutting down on freebies to its customers, has increased the price of its 1GB 2G data plan by 25%, and Airtel 2G customers will now have to pay 125 for 1GB of data, which was 100 earlier.

Bharti Airtel said the latest revision is subject to "rate elasticity, customer demand and supporting cost structures", echoing its chief executive (India & South Asia) Sanjay Kapoor's recent assertion that both pricing of voice and non-voice services will need to move up for the telecom industry to remain sustainable, invest in future technologies and generate returns for its shareholders.

i guess my 150 rupee 3G plan is going to get a hike soon enough. :\

I don't think it is available anymore for new customers. Tried searching, could not find it in the available options.

Back