Airtel Bb on Red hat linux platform

• Thread starter Thread starter shuja
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,106

shuja

ISP
Airtel
Hi friends, I have dual boot comp. On win Xp SP2 internet works fine.But when I start in Linux mode, it does not work.Can some one help please? Thanks & RegardsShuja

you log in manually? or the modem connects for ya?

Modem { beetel 220bx1 ADSL2 + Modem ] connects for meI configured eth0... Ethernet type connection from system tools-> internet config wizard...I am able to Ping ip... But I am not able to Ping Default gateway... it gives Dest host unreachable....

well it should technically work outside the box. but u should try finding lan setting and configure it...the settings for airtel are...subnet mask: 255.255.255.0gateway: 192.168.1.1IP: u can give 192.168.1.2DNS i use:4.2.2.14.2.2.2

my DNS settings are125.22.47.125202.56.250.5I checked eth0 by ifconfig -a... it is ActivatedTried to set eth0 as trustable device in Firewall settings....But no result

Modem { beetel 220bx1 ADSL2 + Modem ] connects for me
I am able to Ping ip... But I am not able to Ping Default gateway... it gives Dest host unreachable....

I couldn't get what you're saying. What ip are you able to ping and what do you refer to as "default gateway" ?

Can you open a terminal and post the output to this command here:

nslookup www.google.com

Hiii,

I typed nslookup in Google and it took me to a website which gave me following results:-
===================================================
You are coming from IP address 122.167.87.154 using port 2035.
A DNS reverse lookup shows your hostname as ABTS-KK-Dynamic-154.87.167.122.airtelbroadband.in.
You are talking to server www.kloth.net (88.198.202.51) on port 80 using the protocol HTTP/1.1.
Current date and time (UTC) on the server is 2007-09-04 (Tue) 03:50:03. It is the 247th day of this year
==================================================

And when I tyoed nslookup at $prompt it just gives a > sign and sits there... After that Any command I type the result is:-
Connection timed out; no servers could be reached.
==================================================
Anyways
my ISP has given me 192.168.100 as an ipaddress... whenever they configure internet in windows they manually set this ip in TCP/IP settings
And GAteway is 192168.1.1

Looks like your IP is being configured from DHCP whereas what you actually need to do is to configure is to be static.

Try this command as root.

Code:
system-config-network
1. From the devices tab, click to edit eth0 (or whichever your default interface is) and choose the statcally set IP addresses option.
2. From the DNS tab, set the primary and secondary DNS server IPs.

when you are done, carry out this command, again as root:

Code:
/sbin/service network restart
Now if you were to do a nslookup, you must be able to get something of this sort:

Code:
[neo@nebuchadnezzar ~]$ nslookup www.google.comServer:         203.145.184.32Address:        203.145.184.32#53Non-authoritative answer:www.google.com  canonical name = www.l.google.com.Name:   www.l.google.comAddress: 72.14.235.104Name:   www.l.google.comAddress: 72.14.235.147Name:   www.l.google.comAddress: 72.14.235.99[neo@nebuchadnezzar ~]$

I did...network restarts fine...But when I typenslookup google .com or anything elseit is saying connection timed out & moreover I am still not able to Ping gateway...

Back