Airtel Bb on Red hat linux platform

• Thread starter Thread starter shuja
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,106
u could try calling airtel. maybe u would be lucky to get a guy who knows linucks!

I tried calling Airtel so many times............ They don't know anything....Do you have any idea ...about this issue...

u could try calling airtel. maybe u would be lucky to get a guy who knows linucks!

I had this interesting experience with Airtel CC when I had a disconnection once. As she was troubleshooting,she would automatically assume I was on windows and ask me to go to command prompt etc. I would tell her I dont use windows, it's linux I am on. She would say 'OK' and after 5 more minutes she'd again ask me to go to start | run etc. At one point I was so ticked I yelled at her; after which she either couldn't find a reaction in the script pages they give her or the wind blew them away. Anyways she said some linucks guy will get back to me - but no one did because prolly none exist.

Anyways, digression apart - Shuja I am interested in getting this to work for you. PM me and we can discuss.

On second thoughts, try these commands too...

Code:
/sbin/ifconfig -a eth0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
Code:
/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.1.1
Try nslookup now and let me know.

I have already used Red hat manual.... I think ... I kind of Understand the problem now ( atleast I am hoping that I do)... Red hat is not communicating with modem and we need to install Eternet card (Realtek 8139) driver on Red hat.... That is the most probable reason right now.... If you have any idea about realtek 8139 driver please mention.... and thanx a ton for your concern....

shuja: if you mentioned you are using redhat it probably means you are using some old outdated version.please somehow get a latest distro such as Fedora 7 or Ubuntu 7.04 (feisty fawn)...You can wait a month or 2 and the next versions should come out : Fedora 8 and Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy gibbon)...any of these versions should not have problems connecting to the net... and FYI Fedora is red hat's new free distrohope that helps...

@sun_shineWELCOME to Airtel broadband forum. You have started in the right direction with positive inputs. Congrats.

Hi there, Try changing your MTU size to 1492 or less. You can do this on your NIC card on the computer. Go to 'Settings->Control Panel->Network'. HTH,ShreekanthSorry, I forgot for a moment that you are actually gacing problems in Linux, you have an option in redhat-configure-network to set the MTU manually. Change it from the default 1500 to 1492 or less and it should work.

Back