Airtel Bb on Red hat linux platform

• Thread starter Thread starter shuja
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,106
ok its kinda dumb to ask now, but how is your modem connected to your pc...via USB cable or LAN cable???

Hiii,

I typed nslookup in Google and it took me to a website which gave me following results:-
===================================================
You are coming from IP address 122.167.87.154 using port 2035.
A DNS reverse lookup shows your hostname as ABTS-KK-Dynamic-154.87.167.122.airtelbroadband.in.
You are talking to server www.kloth.net (88.198.202.51) on port 80 using the protocol HTTP/1.1.
Current date and time (UTC) on the server is 2007-09-04 (Tue) 03:50:03. It is the 247th day of this year
==================================================

And when I tyoed nslookup at $prompt it just gives a > sign and sits there... After that Any command I type the result is:-
Connection timed out; no servers could be reached.
==================================================
Anyways
my ISP has given me 192.168.100 as an ipaddress... whenever they configure internet in windows they manually set this ip in TCP/IP settings
And GAteway is 192168.1.1

Hey Shuja, you should never mention your IP on internet. Although it is gonna be assigned dynamically, there are strong chances that you get this IP all the time. Now i hacked into your router and i can say airtel land line number is 4**32**7.
where *s are some numbers which i know.

People can easily log on and get your pppoe password. Be careful. Just thought i should warn you.

step 1
reckless@idiot # ifconfig -a | grep -i eth*
read the eth module
step 2
reckless@idiot # mii-tools -vv -r
step 3
reckless@idiot # ifconfig ethX down
step 4
reckless@idiot # cat >> network.up.sh

Back