airtel broadband being criticized for wrongly calculating data transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,303
looks like i am the only one person whose usage is accurately calculated!

My local chemist store changed their no from airtel to mtnl few months back, i asked them why they changed the no, they said they don't trust airtel, they used to always get charged for calls they never made and now they are happy after moving to mtnl.I recently got Rs499 rental plan from retention dept where i get Rs 450 calls free, when i got my bill i was charged the rental + the calls i made, i did not get any discount, registered a complaint, got call back from their billing dept rep who told me that free calls were only for airtel to airtel and calls to other networks were charged normally, told retention to disconnect the line and they told me that free calls were for all networks and not just airtel to airtel and i have now received refund for the extra amount i was charged, can't say if the billing dept guy who called me made a genuine mistake or purposely lied/misled me because its very difficult to trust airtel these days .

Haha, MTNL is improving its software with better control/better calculation. And airtel is going reverse.slightly offtopic but abt airtel:Airtel is giving so much fake offers, I dont trust them. Ever since I have got Airtel DTH.. i regularly monitor my account to make sure they havent deducted anything from my account.

Haha, MTNL is improving its software with better control/better calculation. And airtel is going reverse.

slightly offtopic but abt airtel:
Airtel is giving so much fake offers, I dont trust them. Ever since I have got Airtel DTH.. i regularly monitor my account to make sure they havent deducted anything from my account.

Its not about software. These cheaters do this delibrately,hoping that they may escape and can earn some money. These indian sarkari companies may be the worst service provider in whole universe but they never over/fake charge people.

Well, airtel CC is also bad.. i get disconnected 3 out of 5 times while talking to CC. Especially when I am arguing, which makes me think that its done on purpose.Plus airtel my account portal is a mess... i have to refresh 2-3 times everytime to view my balance.so overall... i dont think there is much difference betn airtel (which is supposed to be better than mtnl) and MTNL

yeah. it has become pretty clear that airtel is doing it deliberately. i mean they pushed the FUP on us. and they are not even playing nicely with the limits they set themselves. a decent company would implement it in stages and offer better solutions to the user for keeping a track on the usage. a lot of people are just realizing that they have been fuped.

heh. we have been saying that for like years now :D sify broadband has survived everything. they are still going strong. airtel is much bigger player. they are not going anywhere.

Back