Airtel Broadband Fraud by generating a monthly bill of 35K.

• Thread starter Thread starter Prerna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 10,322
@Prerna,Thats really bad. Airtel is known to send unfair bills. In case you want to get in touch with Consumer Forum, you can do so by calling 1800 11 4000 (toll-free). And the best part is, you don't need a lawyer to file a complaint. By the way, do keep us updated.

After dealing with Airtel for the past three years, I find that emailing the issue/s is the best way to solve any problems with Airtel (or any other company having a customer care email such as Reliance).

One's usual (re)action in this kind of situation is to call the customer care, because we think there is someone out there to listen to our problem and file a complaint. While following up via phone for the complaint we registered, we usually get the same response or don't get any response at all (depending on who is answering). Additionally, we have to tell the whole story everytime we connect with the new person in the call center. Most of the time, we only get answers that are not useful to us. They just bluff and try to postpone this issue as long as possible, telling us that it will be solved in the next few days. It only increases the frustration, BP, depression, etc.

When emailing Airtel, we don't usually get a response immediately (except automated response). Sometimes, it takes even a week to get a response (my disconnection request was answered after 10 days). Also emailing CC make us to describe the issue more precisely and let them understand that it is their error/blunder. Then the ball is in their court, it is their responsibility now to come up with a solution/answer.

All these might sound good on issues that are not so urgent and important. In important cases such as above, it is vital to let the word out through forums, blogs, etc, so that the issue is taken higher priority. I hope those who are familiar with Airbnb know what kind of response the woman (whose house was burglarized) got, once she put up a single blog post on her blog (Around The World and Back Again: Violated: A traveler’s lost faith, a difficult lesson learned).

There system always keep upgrading < thats what they are saying for past 1 month! They are unable to check customer's account = BS. Even thr CC told me that the billing software is having problems and its generating extra bill amount in some cases that's why the system is on upgradation.My Case : In feb 2011 when i wanted to disconnect from Airtel because of FUP they offered me a retention plan > swift 1099 (1 mbps till 15GB ) and said that they will give 2mbps speed including SOD for 3 months and the FUP cap will be doubled. So i should be getting 2 mbps till 30GB and 512kbps after that. I agreed :handshake:But i was getting 1mbps speed only, after a week i called the CC and asked abt it, CC made a call-back arranged from the backend department or retention dept. But i didnt got any calls for few days. I called again n again and finally i said to CC that i want to talk to ur senior , then the matter was transferred to thr supervisor who asked me abt the prob. , i told him about the commitment thr retention guy made to me for the new offered plan. Again the investigation and bla bla and i got a call from them that they are sorry for the wrong commitment and then they described the retention plan as > u will be given 1mbps swift 1099 plan + 2 mbps SOD of 1000 rupees each for 3 months. SO the plan started from march 17th and should be till june 17th. But they charged me around 870 rupees for the last SOD month (i.e may 17th to June 17th) . i didnt paid the extra amount in july or august bill and now from 3-4 days my landline outgoing calls are barred (even 198 and 121) , net is not working. I have to go to thr airtel shop (3 kms) to pay the last bill (i still didnt paid the extra DSL charges (SOD) they charged me ) and called thr CC from the shop as i dont have any other way to call them (tried 01204444121 and 01204444198 but call gets disconnected whenever the lady robot says that ur call is being transferred to the CC :P )Thr billing dept guy said he wont resume the services until i pay the full amount and argued abt that the SOD plan was activated from feb. I told him abt the false commitment but he was still on his words. Even he was unable to get the complaint logs i made in feb. abt the problem and was still arguing :duel:I told him to disconnect my connection but he still was on same words 'Pay the amount only then...' , he offered me 250 rupees discount on late payments but i denied. I am lost as what to do next, i dont have any other ISP here :(

@sid_21m,It was a real sad case for you ! But I don't understand why can't you guys get a written document like an email or something from them confirming the plan....??? That way things would have been on your side !

^ because they refuse to give it in writing , if you refuse all their offers the retention department people many times resort to lying to get you to continue with the plan.

@ x720

No option at my place, only FAILtel :(

@ icycool25

Well airtel was really good in services before but now they are pathetic , So i didnt have any idea like that to get a written doc.
thr is a confirmation call made from them abt the plan change, i even have a post here > https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/62052-airtel-broadband-retention-plans/11/#post457607

also > https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/62052-airtel-broadband-retention-plans/14/#post468931

I again called them from a frnd's house but thr system is AGAIN ON UPGRADATION so they cant chk my account, i asked the CC to arrange a call back and thank god he did, will get a call in morning.

Airtel ppl are fraud they are mad people who are making me go mad.....They didn't waive off any amount and instead they have sent me a bill amount of 60,000 this month....I am planning to go to consumer court now......Please find the snapshot of the bill below......Plz suggest me if some other option can be ventured .....Also they are not letting me diconnect my connection and chargin me false bill every month...I am seriously fed up........:(....And if i open any service request for disconnection they close it from the backend telling me that i asked for reconnection......I don't know if it will cause any problems if i don't pay the bill as I would have to take the loan to pay the same.....:(

imgur: the simple image sharer

----------

Please let me know if i go to consumer court how much time will it take to settle this matter.....As I have heard ppl they legal notices if they don't pay the bills.....Plz help...Anyone wid any experiences willl help....:(

i am not very sure about consumer courts. but i can say one thing. consumer court is likely to take your side in this particular case. provided you can provide with enough documented proof about all the requests you made. also... a notice from the consumer court to the company should do the needful. i doubt they would challenge it back in court considering the absurdity of the charges here.

As far as consumer court goes, it'd better if a well informed member would comment on that, as I have little knowledge of the legal process. However, do not pay them a single penny. Taking loan just to pay them off for no fault of yours would be plain ridiculous. Also, get another isp installed at your place, so that you aren't dependent on Airtel.

Back