• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 10,234

imdarkray

n00b
ISP
Airtel Xstream, Jio Fiber, Railwire, Siti, Airtel 4G, Jio 4G, VI
Hello Guys,

I was using Airtel V-fiber in Bangalore last year.
Now, I am in my HomeTown in this WFH situation for the last 9 months.
Here, I am trying to get a new broadband connection from Airtel for a long time now.
It will be really helpful if you can provide answers to my following dumb queries:-
  1. What is the max distance from the last point, Airtel can provide a broadband connection?
  2. My place is not more than 300m and still, they are denying to provide the connection. What if I agree to pay for extra fiber, will do they the connection?
  3. As Airtel has now partnered with LCOs for providing cable distribution, if anything goes wrong like fiber cut or fiber power issues, who will be responsible?
  4. Do they have similar arrangements with LCOs (Like BSNL, Railwire have)?
  5. Do they care if the ping is high for websites or I am not getting the plan speed for a certain website or server?
  6. Will they provide ONU, router considering the phone line connection?
TIA

1. 100meter max.
2. Not possible. But no one can not deny jugaad.
3. LCO
4. only lco can tell.
5. they only care for ookla speedtest till nearest airtel server. And ping complaints are mostly not entertained.
6. yes onu router with wifi n voice port.
Every Lco is different. Better ask them.

Last edited:
@igloo Brother, one more query- Cities where the connection is provided by LCO, are Advance billing cities. - Kind of Prepaid. Do you happen to know about this? As their Terms and Condition says, we need to pay bills in advance and on the 1st of every billing cycle to continue the service. If it was paid later They would only provide service for the remaining days of the month, not the full 30 days. What if I keep it disconnected for months?
Delay in recharging post 30 day period will reduce the days of service for the customer. For eg – customer who is on a 1-30 bill cycle, post expiry recharges on 15th of the month. In such a case customer will be able to use services from 15th to 30th of the month. Customer must recharge on 1st of the month to ensure full 30 day service.
About the distance and extra fiber, the Airtel Guy said, he would do some jugaad with the fiber guys and I will have to 1k for extra 150m, Airtel only provides max 150m of fiber.

Not sure about how billing works as i have direct airtel which is pure postpaid.

I have an LCO and yes, it's an advance rental market so you have to pay in Advance first. But it's still the bill based system so like in my case, the bill cycle completes on 25th of every month and Bill amount shows as adjusted with my Advanced payment.

I don't know about temporary disconnections but you can ask Airtel if you want to temporarily disconnect the Broadband.

@imdarkray If possible do let us know if you have managed to get Airtel connection. I am in a similar situation with the last connection point from a building to my building is ~300m. Atleast I would know if I should pursue with them for a connection.

Since Airtel provides connection upto 150m from last point, then they can give additional fiber if user is willing to pay for it, right? I mean is this applicable pan-India or based on their discretion?

Last edited:
Are you the only user trying for Fiber in 100 metre radius ? Maybe you can ask your neighbours , they might be needing a connection .

They usually extend it if they find more number of users

Most people have migrated to cable net from Hathway..
But let's say I am the only one who currently wants to opt for their connection. I am even willing to pay a little extra to get fiber to my building. Can they still provide for the connection if distance is ~300m?

Back