Airtel broadband from 300m distance

• Thread starter Thread starter imdarkray
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 10,234
Airtel Fiber is available at exactly 210m from My place(Requested 3-4 times on Call and 1-2 times contacted Local Representative)
Jio Fiber 170 meters away from my house-applied at least 100 times on website(I know local jio guy he told me at least 6 months required to provide connection)
No one is providing Connection right now.
But Airtel Representative promised me
They’ll provide Connection on or before 20 January 2021.

@noob How did you manage to contact Local representative from Airtel?

Can anyone please tell me how will I know whether airtel is coming thorough lco or directly in my area, is there any way to know it, my place is showing as invite option.

@imdarkray If possible do let us know if you have managed to get Airtel connection. I am in a similar situation with the last connection point from a building to my building is ~300m. Atleast I would know if I should pursue with them for a connection.
Airtel booking guys have been instructed to book the connection for around 100-150m distance only.

So the booking guys and I tried to talk with the LCO, but he is refusing as someone earlier paid for extra fiber in cash to him and got the connection installed. But later he complained/emailed Airtel about the extra charges he had paid. As Airtel had clearly instructed LCOs not to take any money from the Customer and not to provide the connection to more than 150m distance, there was an escalation on him. Any further complaints can reflect in the form of discontinuation of the contract between him and Airtel. So yeah, he denied.

But in your case, it can work. You can try to talk with your LCO and get it done.

That's sad to hear... In my case Airtel has the only option of laying underground cable, no Lco model here as they themselves are stuck with copper. 😒

Problem with underground cables is permission of road cutting. I had to do 8 months of constant followups with airtel to get this finally done.

As much my luck would have it, MGL(just like IGL for Delhi) had dug up roads to lay underground pipes for gas three times. I mentioned the Airtel guy(assuming he was sales) but to no vail. There is still some underground digging to concretise the road at some distance with lots of road digging. Guess, money seems to be the only incentive that works for them.. 😒
I am sure Govt/BMC/MCD would have given some freedom for deployment of underground cable given the WFH scene.

Actually not. Municipality is the hindrance here. In Noida, the Noida authority ask for tons of money and is very fussy about permissions.

Back