Airtel Broadband still getting 2mbps.. 6 hours and some..

• Thread starter Thread starter Osiris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 7,877

Osiris

ISP
Airtel 512kbps (1499 UL)
am still on this wierd steriod speed boost since 6 hours now - 2mbps and rocking... anyone else?

so... it just got throttled back to 256kbps.. hmm. this was one helluva ride tho... since 6pm yesterday to 10:45am today.. 2mbps.. not bad. hope there are more days like this ...

this is not a multiple thread. I have been getting 2mbps on the Home 999+ plan since 6pm yesterday. This is definitely not one of those one off things.The really strange thing is that I started getting 2mbps again after an hour or so of regular speed again, after around 12noon. Its been like this now for over 29 hours now! I checked with Customer care and they confirmed I am still on the Home 999+ plan. I wonder what might be happening. And this is certainly not a freak speed boost that happens only when Airtel is testing new services.Is anyone else on this forum experiencing this in Delhi and environs? Any suggestions on what I should do (besides enjoying it)?

Ok anyway it is upto you decide whether you want to continue your discusion here or in the thread i mentioned.I just told u what i felt was right.The point being discused is temporary speed boost.If i did annoy you i am sorry.

well the reason i started a new thread on it is because I felt after 6 hours of continuous (and now 29+ hours) 2mbps speeds, it can hardly be considered temporary speed boost. I just confirmed again with Customer Care and they assured me that my plan was not changed or modified, that I am still on the unlimited 999 plan. No one that I know who has this plan is seeing this speed boost. I wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced continuous periods of this kind of speed boost before? Or if anyone else is seeing this currently?

Osiris this is just temporary as some weeks back I had the same speed boost. It lasted for like 12 hours... If you get speed hikes do post screenshots... Airtel wud never give us 2Mbps Unlimited maybe until 2009. So rest assured... This is just temporary...! And I'm so jealous of u!!! :P

i got a speed boost for like 10 minutes today again... second time in 2 weeks. was not amusing.

well.. i am gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts.. its now 31 hours and some... gotta hurry up and queue all those downloads between my joost fix ;)

here is my current speednet test:

https://www.speedtest.net

Back