Airtel Broadband still getting 2mbps.. 6 hours and some..

• Thread starter Thread starter Osiris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 7,877
what i have noticed is that since the past 2-3 days, the speed boost remains till about 13:00hrs. I dont know exactly when it starts, but when i wake up, (around 10:30), the boost is usually there...so when does it actually begin? Ive checked it till 23:00..it does not start since then...so it begins somewhere between 23:00 and 10:00...during the boost, sometimes the speed goes back to normal, but restarting the modem brings back the boosted speed...

i dont think this boost is regulated by a schedule.. it just happens man. when they finished with testing the line, they'll switch it off

well then they dont test the line after 1pm...coz i never get high speeds after 1 pm...but always, i repeat, ALWAYS get high speeds for 10am to 1pm...(for the last 1 week)

i have been getting 2mbps constant since yesterday. so it must be different for each area.

Hey do u get high speeds even on sundays ? I get high speeds everyday except on sundays. I also want to confirm if the maximum download rate supported by Beetel 220Bx ADSL2+ modem is 60 KBps.

i get it randomly. yes i have gotten speed boosts on sundays as well. btw, maximum ADSL2+ speeds theoretically can be as high as 24 mbps. On my package they are set at a max of 2560 kbps, which is what allows me to see the speed boosts when they happen. It may be different for different people, depending on your package, local dslam tag etc.

but what about the device info which is displayed in the DSL router page ? In my router page it says:Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 256Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 576So doesn't that mean that I can never get download speeds above 576 Kbps ?

yup, most probably you wont get speeds higher than 576...i think sometime last year they upgraded the firmware, for 2mbps plans...they came to my house to do it...maybe ur firmware hasnt been upgraded...

mine is also 576, that means i should sometimes get atleast 576Kbps boost if not 2/8mbps boost.. but i donot even get these....:|

Back