• Thread starter Thread starter slash84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 29,419

slash84

Tech Dude
ISP
BSNL UL750 - 1MBPS till 6GB, 512 thereafter
Well, this happens to me all the time. I just upgraded my line to the new Explorer 1099 with 384 kbps day and 1 mbps night thingy. I check the Airtel Experience site today and i find the plan removed and a new plan put up instead.

I am sure the plan charges shown are a typo. But if its not, then its the advent of cheap broadband plans at last!

PS: Fair Usage Policy dependent on circle.

EDIT: They fixed it now

Wow. This is definitely great news! Airtel rocks!One thing though:On the experience site; There is a plan Surf 899. That is 256kbps UL. That is 899 per month. This plan, Swift 1099 is 512kbps UL and is also 899 per month.How can they both be the same price? Must be some difference?

Look at this Experience

are they again revising plans? with no 1 mbps in night for tubro 1299 and swift/explorer 1099..two plans cannot have same price and speed..so its a typo but airtel is upto something

Look at this Experience

are they again revising plans? with no 1 mbps in night for tubro 1299 and swift/explorer 1099..two plans cannot have same price and speed..so its a typo but airtel is upto something

dont go for that site i think angry bsnl user hacked that site and showing airtel to give plan like this :evil:

check airtel.in there no update about this:thumbsup::irock:

Man !! If its true I am going to go for it :cool2:

That must be typo for Turbo 1299...go to experience page and then Turbo 1299 page...its still shows 1 Mbps at night....so typo in the main experience page for this plan

The only typo here is that its supposed to be Rs1099, not Rs.899.
And there cant be such a big typo, considering its being designed into the webpage, and there's no other plan with the same Name.
I think the plan will be a 512 kbps plan for Rs.1099.

I say this because the other day i was talking to a lady from the technical team, who surprisingly knew everything what was going on. She told me, she will migrate me to the Explorer 1099 plan, only if they can give me 1 mbps at night, and its feasible for them. Meaning, they are running out of bandwidth, atleast in my area/city. So they sacked all the night 1 mbps plans because they cant handle so much load.

----------

And they can have two 512 kbps plans because they come with differrent valued addons. The 1099 one gives only Free calls of Rs.100, while the 1299 gives total addons worth Rs.499.
I know the latter is useless, but there might be people who want them because of the addons.

----------

check airtel.in there no update about this:thumbsup::irock:

Airtel.in always gets updated after all the dust has settled. It will be atleast 15 days late, all the time!

There are lots of typos on that page. Someone, in a bid to update the site, has messed things up. Better to select the region one is in, and then check the plans out. They are still the same. Another thing is, irrespective of the change, I don't think people who already have taken the plan will be impacted.

That of course they wont(be impacted), its Airtel Policy to not change plans of customers without their consent. Changing/putting limits, they will!

Back