• Thread starter Thread starter ganesanswdl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 13,544

ganesanswdl

Champion
ISP
Railwire
I HAD RECENTLY TAKEN A PREPAID CONNECTION IN CHENNAI WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE THERE WAS A MESSAGE THAT I HAD SUBCRIBED TO FRIENDS CHAT AND THEY DEDUCTED 30 Rs.CAN ANY ONE HELP ME HOW TO DISCONTINUE/DEACTIVATE THIS BCOZ THERE IS NO SUCH INFO AVAILABLE ON THEIR SITE AND AM REALLY FEDUP WITH CC.AIRTEL THE BIGGEST CHEAT ON THIS EARTH.:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Call 198 speak clear points and put a fight with them.. Then there will be a little chance for refunds..

I had have the same experience with reliance and thrown the connection. Now I am using MTS.

No point in fighting..Even if you threaten,shout still no use they would hardly refund the money..

they are the biggest thief i ever seen,better they start begging on roadsmy 170 rs balance gone coz validity for 30 days ends,they don't carry forward balance,they just steal it.

I HAD RECENTLY TAKEN A PREPAID CONNECTION IN CHENNAI WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE THERE WAS A MESSAGE THAT I HAD SUBCRIBED TO FRIENDS CHAT AND THEY DEDUCTED 30 Rs.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME HOW TO DISCONTINUE/DEACTIVATE THIS BCOZ THERE IS NO SUCH INFO AVAILABLE ON THEIR SITE AND AM REALLY FEDUP WITH CC.

AIRTEL THE BIGGEST CHEAT ON THIS EARTH.

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Same happened to me too :@ I was puzzled with the missing balance and was afraid to call CC as I will loose more 50p per min and there is not much chance of a refund. I guess you don't make much outgoing calls? (like my case).

One day I got a message that to unsubscribe from friends chat they gave 54321600 toll free and there we can unsubscribe.

To my horror it was in Hindi with no English option :( Had to ask my friend who was in another part of India to translate them after recording them and sending it to him :( Then as per his instructions I pressed those options(without Hindi & with Airtel I am suffering).

This keeps on happening. They auto-activate these services and then deduct the amount. AirTelSucks

@dhoni ..dont call any numbers.Just dial *121# and a menu will popup.From there onwards you only need to send the response by sending numbers in a sms.Like to select option 5 for stopping a service.Just follow the instructions.Even when I got my new connection,I got activated for some hello tunes without my approval.I instantly deactivated.They tried to pull that shit again.But I did the same thing over.Now presently I am not getting activated automatically.Also register your number in DND registry by sending a sms "START DND" to 1909 without the quotes.AIRTEL are daylight robbers. One more thing I have noticed.In their internet schemes (i am talking about gprs plans here) they have 3 plans.One is the so called unlimited (but with 2GB limit) , then there is the 3 day rental , and lastly there is the no rental which costs a bomb.So here is the story, AFter I got my sim activated I recharged it with 98 rupees and activated the 98 rupees plan.After a month the plan got deactivated as I had no money in my account.I had to keep my account low coz of those arsehole airtel pulling tricks.So I recharged this time with 60 rupees and some 52 rupees got credited to my account.So I dialed *567# to activate the 98 rupees plan.I was sure they wont let me activate it coz of low balance.But to my surprise this time it showed that there was a plan for 46 rupees with 1GB for 15 days.So I activated it.Then I checked the data amount..... to my surprise it showed remaining amount 512MB and valid for the next 15 days.What the f*** is this ? They advertise it as 1GB and then give only 512MB ? Well thats not the end of it.AFter the 15 days were over,I had some 25rupees left in my account.I thought the net would just stop working as I hadnt renewed it or whatever.But I got a sms saying "thanks for activating 3 days 15 rupees plan". What the F**** !Thats what they do, they just assume that you want to continue on with their services.Without even asking you they just auto activate everything.Bloody bastards.So this is what I have learnt so far.If you dont want them to auto activate or auto renew your services, then you must deactivate them before their expiry.Just 2 days advance deactivation will do.That way you have no active services for them to suck your money.

Thanks xmen360. Normally I don't keep more than 10rs as balance with them. Only once I had to recharge for 40rs or so and then after some time my balance went to rs.10 :@ without me making any calls :( These dialer tunes we won't even know whether it is activated or not. Until someone who calls us tells about it. Now having balance of Rs.2 :D But the object of owning a phone is lost :(In Aircel, our account can go in minus! My friend who had zero balance recharged and lost some money because of these auto renewals :rofl: He thought they will be deactivated because it was Zero but :rofl:So I think Airtel will also be doing the same :(

Back