• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 9,444

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
So, I just got a message that Airtel no longer has minutes to other mobiles free on my corporate connection, only A2A instead of A2M/A2O (other mobiles) & also SMSes are charged. Customer care said new plans are coming and you can wait for a while (2-3 days in their words) and choose. I personally am tempted to dump Airtel. But before I do, would like feedback on which other provider is better in Chennai.
No need of 3G. So non-3G providers are also fine. Low-cost and good coverage are what I am looking at. Was paying 149+tax for 300 A2M & around 150-200 SMS you can say (which I use around 50-60%).
Also, I feel others will join the bandwagon.. So thinking if should hold on to Airtel.
P.S - For dumping, I will switch to prepaid Airtel & then move out as that seems as easier process for MNP

^Just a tip regarding MNP, port out directly from postpaid because of two reasons. First, they won't convert your number to prepaid easily, second, if they do make it prepaid, they'll ask you to wait for another three months before porting out.

Ok. I was considering converting to prepaid (3 months is something I might slug it out) because I have heard from other known folks and also 2-3 other people saying porting out of Airtel Postpaid is a pain and not a very successful process.

So, I sent a mail saying that I am not happy with the services and that I am disconnecting. I got an apology & some new plans to choose from - for 149, this "new" plan has 600 A2O & 100 SMS daily free (much better than my existing plan) ... So, they had to put me in a terrible plan, so I end up getting a better deal :|

I have a corporate post paid connection as well. My 1,000 free A2O minutes are valid as of now. Did not receive any SMS (Delhi-NCR). Btw, if porting out a post paid, remember to get something called "Contractual Obligations" removed. I have no clue what these are, but when porting out of Vodafone post paid, I had to opt out of these before my MNP request could be processed by Airtel.

^precisely why I said was considering switching to prepaid & then switching to another provider

Just talking to myself :P

Assuming cost of 1GB data per month on 4G is comparable to 3G, it might be worth testing out for a few months :P

Back