• Thread starter Thread starter ganguly
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 155,493

ganguly

regulars
ISP
airtel 256 unlimited
GUYS HEREZ THE CUSTOMER CARE NO.... I CALLED IT...THEY SAID THE PRICING WOULD BE REVEALED ONLY ON THE 9TH OF OCT ND DAT THEY ARE LAUNCHING WITH 175+ CHANNELS(INCL.WORLDSPACE RADIO CHANNELS) ND OVER 10 INTERACTIVE SERVICES...SO LETS JUS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED..!!!:dance:

hands crossed?i thought it used to be fingers crossed

Yes, right now its not available..all the India Sattellite are showing either Dish, TS or Big Tv channels only. But I could not understand the reason behind it.

Airtel Digital Tv is using which satellite?

AirTel Launches Digital TV

After Reliance, AirTel has also jumped into the fray and is launching their Direct-To-Home (DTH) satellite TV service - Airtel Digital TV, on October 9th.

Airtel Digital TV will be available in 62 cities in the first phase through 21000 Airtel retail and relationship centers. With over 175 channels, the packages will start from Rs. 2499 for a six-month subscription in which the channel price band will range from Rs. 99 to Rs. 424.

Airtel Digital TV will use MPEG4 standard with DVB S2 technology. The system is claimed to be HD ready and expected to deliver quality interactive content.

The set top box will bundle with a universal remote. The dish antenna is 20% larger than the conventional antenna for better performance during adverse weather conditions.

Airtel Digital TV also boasts of high set top box memory for new interactive applications such as iMatinee (cinema ticketbooking), iTravel (browse and book travel packages), iShop (tele-shopping), iCity (city information guide) and Widgets (stocks) along with eight screen iNews and iSports with 2/4 screens.

Apart from this, other features such as Worldspace Radio content, new games every six weeks and on screen account meter are packaged with the Digital TV.

Airtel has to show difference in their product and services to stand strong amongst existing DTH segment players like Tata Sky, Zee Dish TV, Sun Direct DTH and Reliance Big TV. The DTH segment in India is slowly firing up and is leading to stiff competition for the local cable TV operators.

Techtree.com India > News > General > AirTel Launches Digital TV

hands crossed?

i thought it used to be fingers crossed

too much of excitement is making him make his hands crossed. Good to see more players out, i want to see when all cablewallas wud be dead.

Am having Airtel Landline.. So If I call Airtel DTH CC from Airtel Landline , will it be free ?

Back