• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,374

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I received a SMS few minutes ago saying that 3G bill plan has been activated on my mobile phone. But I didn't request any 3G Bill Plan. When I checked my prepaid balance, its showing 4 Rs only when it should be more than 200 Rs. Never go for Airtel, they are a fraud company who likes to cheat customers, and make money. God knows how many people they are cheating like this. Should I go to consumer court?

Here the proof of their fraud where they deducted 150 + 65 Rs from my Airtel prepaid illegally-
PS- I use an ancient mobile, so I have no use for these services

Ancient mobile = 2G. Pretty sure couldn't have consumed 65 bucks of data in minute. But, then you never know. @dejan, did you dial some weird ussd or anything like that that might have resulted in this?

^
No my phone neither supports 2G nor video calling. And I didn't dial any USSD. The senior executive told me that my problem would be resolved by tomorrow 4 pm. Lets see if they credit back the balance

They enabled a 3G data plan on my phone which I didn't even subscribe to. And over that they activated video calling on my ancient mobile which doesn't even play videos. Lmao, Airtel is a big cheat. Or maybe they invented some kind of glitch in their system to cheat customers. And I had talk time recharge on a new SIM

Here i'm unable to activate DND service on any of my Airtel SIMs! I registered on website and then by sending SMS. I am still receiving their "Sunny Leone videos @blah blah " on my Mobile! Stop that shit Airtel!

Dont panic. Its good that you noticed this thing. Now just call airtel helpline and threaten them with fraud practice, consumer court, disconnection, etc etc and in very harsh tone ask them to refund the amount. If this doesn't work out, send mail to airtel along with cc to nodal officers, and write in the mail that this mail is a notice and if money in not returned in 7 days you will go to dot and consumer court.
This has happened to me earlier and I get the refund. If they say that you have activated it, ask them for proof - call or sms details.

Of course they are going to refund if you fight it out. The problem is that they have been doing this for a long time and they would continue to do it in the future.
_Chairman_Saab_ said:
Here i'm unable to activate DND service on any of my Airtel SIMs! I registered on website and then by sending SMS. I am still receiving their "Sunny Leone videos @blah blah " on my Mobile! Stop that shit Airtel!
If you have an android device, just use an app like India Against Spam to report all spam texts.

Unless one has started DND his complaint about marketing SMS and calls would be invalid. So reporting spam doesn't solve the matter.

Back