Airtel has completely gone crazy. Wants a share in revenue from web services. #netneutrality

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,089
Lousy airtel can not maintain their own website. I struggled for 2 days to open their website (not for the first time) to make payment!

This makes me wonder if Airtel a licencee for Telecom & Broadband services or a some new type of "Multilevel Marketing" company (MLM) to be seeking a share in revenue / profits of upstream and downstream users of its internet services??

heights of greediness @ airtel !!

we have already seen their futile first move to increase cellular voice call charges. and what's more other operators are now offering voice calls at more attractive prices, lower than before airtel's price increase attempt. (at 2secs, 4 secs, 6 secs and 10 secs pulse rates).

This makes me wonder if Airtel a licencee for Telecom & Broadband services or a some new type of "Multilevel Marketing" company (MLM) to be seeking a share in revenue / profits of upstream and downstream users of its internet services??

we have already seen their futile first move to increase cellular voice call charges. and what's more other operators are now offering voice calls at more attractive prices, lower than before airtel's price increase attempt. (at 2secs, 4 secs, 6 secs and 10 secs pulse rates).

If we take the same logic forward, we can ask our Mithaiwala to foot Doctor's bill. :joyous:

No No... Its the Mithaiwala who will ask Doctor money for bringing him the patient :D

Ha! Airtel just gets more and more ridiculous every day. They can take a print-out of their demand, roll it, and shove it up their a$$.

Does anyone here believe that Google or Facebook would ever agree to whatever airtel is asking here? Demand is one thing and fulfillment is another altogether :D

the problem is that airtel has raised something that is likely to find favour with other ISPs operating in the country.

without any laws enforcing network neutrality in the country, the ISPs can collaborate together and put more pressure on the online giants.

they can start with throttling traffic from youtube and similar services if they are really serious about it. or they could start prioritizing services that decides to pay up.

the thing is as simple as when they first introduced FUP. few people were affected so few complained. this could turn into something very big. it is easy to ignore this because it does not affect you or me directly.

but this thing is too big to be ignored even for the end consumer.

airtel subscribers are already suffering due to throttled torrents and blocked online services.

they can use the exact same excuse to throttle youtube videos in the future. too much streaming is causing network congestion so we are applying speed limits on youtube (and similar services) to maintain the sanctity of our network.

i am going to repeat something that i said when fup was first installed. it is going to affect all of us eventually.

Back