Airtel IPTV installation with D-Link DSL-2750U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby,
D-Link 2750 U is 100% Compatible for sure.
Beetel is home product for airtel and network is never dependant on hardware.
you just need to know the correct configuration for router.
Just go to Setup Internet page in Router and make the following changes
================================================================VPI/VCI VLAN ID ENCAP Service Name Protocol State Status================================================================1/35 0 LLC PVC:1/35 Bridge 1 Connected1/32 0 LLC PVC:1/32 PPPoE 1 Connected================================================================
My Airtel guy told me exactly this and they infact do promote CPE instead of Airtel because if they know that Beetel Modem + Router is not that good in performance.
Thanks
Shashank
Siddhartha Maitra said:
Hi Shashank,
I have also experienced similar problems with WiFi when IPTV is working. e.g.
- Android tablet unable to acquire IP address.
- WiFi not connected automatically on Laptop. Works fine after disconnect / reconnect WiFi on Laptop.As per my understanding, there is some fundamental network configuration issue which I haven't yet analyzed yet. My guess is some problem with DHCP which I plan to analyze using WireShark (protocol analyzer). However, won't be able to do it for few weeks since I am on holiday.
If you understand network protocols, try sniffing the DHCP network packets transmitted over WLAN interface using WireShark. Let us know if you find the solution.
Regards,
Siddhartha
Hi Sid,
Not Sure about WireShark.
I am not that good on Network side.
I am an Active Directory Server Guy.
I am not able to figure out how router can pikc Class A IP instead of 192.168. series when it has been specified in DHCP Configuration of Dlink Router.
Below is the link link for screenshot of what I see frequently on my mobile
http://s10.postimg.org/ycocwuurt/IMG_0631.png
Hope you can fix it..
Thanks
Shashank

Hey ShashankThanks a lot for sharing this information. I called up the airtel guy and he came and did the same configuration. Everything is working fine now. However, they were not able to provide on call technical support.Thanks again!Ruby

Ruby,
Just keep a watch and see if Wireless is working fine or not.
I am facing an issue that whenever I come from outisde and as soon as the mobile comes in range or WiFi,
I am not getting the correct IP Address assigned to device and instead its picking some random IP and browsing doesnt happen.
Quiet worried on that part.
SId, I believe is working on it.
I though wanted to checked that if I am the only one who is having this problem.
Hows the performance of IPTV after that.
Do you get any lag in switch between channels or while viewing it.
Shashank

Shashank Asthana said:
I am facing an issue that whenever I come from outisde and as soon as the mobile comes in range or WiFi, I am not getting the correct IP Address assigned to device and instead its picking some random IP and browsing doesnt happen.
Quiet worried on that part.
Have you tried reserving an IP address on your router for your phone?

Hi Uberjon,
No not all at, but do you have steps for that.
However, Wireless is not meant to work like that,
Wireless is for on the move, we should not be reserving IP address in routers for any devices.
Just enter the password and it should work.
These should be assigned automatically.

Thanks
Shashank

Click the LAN button in the Advanced Setup directory.
Click Add Entries & then enter/select the details. See if that solves your random IP problem.
Thanks for the advice, but I know how wireless works. LOL! If you have any issues, wouldn't you take any steps to solve them?
If it requires that you reserve IPs, then do it. What's the problem? If it does not work, so be it. At least you tried.

ShashankWell, didn't notice any difference in the performance of iptv. It's working as expected and didn't notice any lag so far. Regarding wifi on mobile, its working fine on samsung devices but iPhone is having some problem. I guess you posted some screenshot and I think I can also see the same configuration on my iphone. Don't know how to solve it.But yes wifi performance has really improved and even the signal strength is too good now with D-Link.

Hi Ruby,
Sorry for late reply. The configuration is pretty simple. Just go through the default step-by-step setup and add the VPI/VPC entries as mentioned by Shashank.
Hi Shashank / Sid,
Even I was facing the same issue where I was getting 10.* ip address assigned to wireless devices. There is an option in the DHCP client advanced settings where the ip range is specified for 192.* and 10.* ips. And there is a checkbox to disable 10.* ips. Simply uncheck it and you should not be getting any more 10.* ips assigned to your wireless device.
It has been working fine for me since then.
Regards
Jayant
http://about.me/jayant.kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back