Airtel IPTV Installation Photos (Set Top Box Included)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 85,895
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think they have more than 500 customer in gurgaon. the dude who installed the connection at my place said that they had set up 25 connection in a period of 10 days.

if they cannot handle this congestion. what can airtel do? OMG! Ponies. never mind.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

this is just one of the amusing messages airtel had for me last night on the airtel iptv connection....

From the screenshots of channels and menus - it seems better than any DTH because i cannot find {AIRTEL} logo on any channels which is really good. If that happens even after commercial launch, i am going to buy it.Sushubh - what do you think? What is better? DTH or IPTV?

Airtel IPTV has launched commercially! I like what i see. But you are going to find IPTV annoying. changing channels can take 2-3 seconds. Menu are damn slow. just like surfing web pages. i am used to it now but i bet any new user would tear his hair out.

i can bet that airtel iptv is going to be slower than ANY DTH service out there. as for airtel iptv, i believe they are going to concentrate only in larger cities looking at the investment required. it is too expensive to be launched in smaller cities.

Yep... good for internet users and too expensive for specifically TV viewing purpose.True, only larger cities have all sort of people who can actually take a risk on money, test it and convey right problems to the companies.Smaller cities may face the problem of native people but not for migrants or born rich people. and i am sure even in the smaller cities, there are plenty of rich people (higher and even middle class now a days) who afford AUDI, BMW, 1 car per home, weekend outing and i guess, they can BUY if they provide GOOD service (better than cable and DTH) because in india, people follow rather experiment. So with the word of mouth publicity, they can get good business (even) in smaller cities if they provide better than cable and any other DTH (today if we go on terrace, we see - 3 dth dishes out of 5-7 homes - at least in Ahmedabad i can see such scenario) - cable is mostly thrown out.

I Agree,Ahmedabad is out of smaller cities category long ago, one of the contenders for next metro I beleive.However, I guess they are going to look at the investment they have made in perticular regions / cities and based on that they may take a call (again a stratagically planned stuff may be!)

IPTV is targeted to the broadband users of Airtel, to provide a packaged deal. So, I think they will be targeting the large existing user base cities.

for me it has turned out to be a great deal as i get the iptv service for just around 220 bucks.

Hi all,I am moving into a new house in Mumbai in another two-three months. I already have a 42" Samsung LCD and want Broadband connection and TV connection as well.Is Airtel providing with HD output? What about other service providers?What is the best option for me amongst all the service providers? Which one is the best out of the whole bunch?Which package would suit me the most....if my budget is not more than 1000 p.m.ThanksGeravine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back