Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
#

Thanks a lot for the response. I checked that the STB has a seven pin s video output. So if I buy a S video to 3 pin component converter then would it be fine? Please advice if you have used the S Video output from iptv in the past as Airtel guys are not confirming the same.

Thanks once again,
Amit
Yes I have used S-Video to component cable. The problem I faced was colours were not good on TV(I mean it had a stint of blue colour). I could not know whether it was because of the faulty STB or faulty cable.

Yes I have used S-Video to component cable. The problem I faced was colours were not good on TV(I mean it had a stint of blue colour). I could not know whether it was because of the faulty STB or faulty cable.

Thanks once again. Will this s video to 3 pin component cable take care of the audio as well? I found one on ebay:
7PIN S-video Cable to RGB Component laptop to LCD TV | eBay

Request you to kindly suggest if I can order this one?

Thanks,
Amit

S-Video out only outputs the video. You need to use one more set of cable for audio(Red and White). Yes the cable looks fine. Go ahead and buy it.

S-Video out only outputs the video. You need to use one more set of cable for audio(Red and White).

Yes the cable looks fine. Go ahead and buy it.

I have following last queries, thanks a lot for all you advice and time:
1. From iptv STB then how will I take the audio output to my LEDs audio input. Do I need to buy some other cable for this purpose? and would the s video and composite cable will work together and provide output together?

2. The ebay cables are having female ports and my tv has female ports as well for component then how will it connect? should I use my current composite cables as connector to component and then make it work?

~Amit

1) You need to buy a separate cable for audio. I hope your LED has audio in. If there is no audio in, connect it to home theatre if you have one. For audio, use the composite output(Red and White) of STB. S-Video out and audio will work together.2) Ebay link that you posted in your previous post is an adapter. You need to buy a component cable as well. You can't use the composite cable as connector(well, may be you can use, I never tried though).By the way which LED are you using? It is difficult to digest that it doesn't have composite in.

1) You need to buy a separate cable for audio. I hope your LED has audio in. If there is no audio in, connect it to home theatre if you have one. For audio, use the composite output(Red and White) of STB. S-Video out and audio will work together.

2) Ebay link that you posted in your previous post is an adapter. You need to buy a component cable as well. You can't use the composite cable as connector(well, may be you can use, I never tried though).

By the way which LED are you using? It is difficult to digest that it doesn't have composite in.

oh thats great deal of information. I will try it out. By the way I am using Sharp AQUOS LC-32LE632E which was bought in Germany and is a European model. Below link provides all details about it:
LC-32LE632E - LC32LE632E - LCD TV - Sharp

If you can further suggest anything would be of great assistance.

~Amit

AV in / S-Video in / Component in • / - / •Does this mean it has AV In and Component in? AV In is nothing but composite in isn't it?

AV in / S-Video in / Component in • / - / •

Does this mean it has AV In and Component in? AV In is nothing but composite in isn't it?

Yes I did see that and there are no separate ports for AV in so think the same ports could be used for both composite and component and using that is resulting in black and white video. It is very very strange and no support I have been able to get so far from airtel on it. DO you know someway of escalation as neither the customer care not the website has provided any support or resolution to my problem. Really struggling. :-(

There is a limited support for IPTV from airtel. Field engineers are not trained on IPTV. Don't expect anything from them!AV In/Component In in your TV has red, blue and green input? If yes then, try only yellow output of STB(using composite cable) to each of them one by one and see if you get a clear picture. Once the video is sorted out, try to find white and red input on your TV. Connect the white and red output from your STB to your TV for audio.

There is a limited support for IPTV from airtel. Field engineers are not trained on IPTV. Don't expect anything from them!

AV In/Component In in your TV has red, blue and green input? If yes then, try only yellow output of STB(using composite cable) to each of them one by one and see if you get a clear picture. Once the video is sorted out, try to find white and red input on your TV. Connect the white and red output from your STB to your TV for audio.

Thanks again. Really helpful. You are spot on about airtel iptv guys. I have even registerd official complaint against one such bloke Ranjit.
So I will try first without s video but with component cable instead of current composite cable. Any suggestion on which component cable should I buy?

~Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back