Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
heh. freaking bunch of idiots working at airtel call centers. contact them on twitter. tell them to call you. add me to the tweet @sushubh so that i can retweet it. let's see what happens then.

@chromaniac: Already done that - tweeted, got response from AirtelPresence, they called yesterday, and they were the guys who told me that only 1099 and 1199 plans are available, with 10GB FUP limits. Should I take that as final word? I'll try tweeting again, and copy you on it. Thanks :)Let me try emailing them at the email addresses given by gopichandpai. Will post what happens.

asked them about the 299 plan? i guess they really are trying to kill their iptv operations. i would suggest getting rid of it. service sucked since day one. it has gone worse now that they are messing around with the timeshift channels. if i had an option, i had dump the broadband connection as well.

asked them about the 299 plan? i guess they really are trying to kill their iptv operations.

i would suggest getting rid of it. service sucked since day one. it has gone worse now that they are messing around with the timeshift channels. if i had an option, i had dump the broadband connection as well.

Of course. That's the major question I had for them - I was never keen on going for the 1099 / 1199 plans. They said it's not possible.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now - lets say they didn't understand my query - to be fair, I was in a bit of a hurry when they called. I'll try emailing / tweeting them again. Lets see what they have to say. If it's still ambiguous, then I'll say screw it.

behave like an ignorant customer. write a mail asking them to change your package to the 75GB broadband plan in addition to the 299 IPTV add-on. and then wait what they say. do not ask if it is available. just apply for a plan change. include the relevant links from their websites where the 299 package is listed.

Hello Guys,
I got the iptv installed few days back after a lot of follow up and experience has been terrible. I have been given the black setup box with composite cables. My LED does not seem to have composite cable input slot but component cable slot. I connected the composite cables in component cable slot and video is coming as black and white.

Now when I was reading through the airtel website airtel ipTV this says that they support component output. Has anyone tried it before? If yes then please help me how did you guys use the component output from iptv black setup box? Also airtel customer sayus they wont provide the white setup box and do not know if I can use the s video output as component output and connect to my LED.

Thanks in advance!
Amit

There is a S-Video out in the black STB. You need to buy a S-video to component cable. I am surprised that there is no composite input in your LED TV. I guess your component input works as composite input but may be it needs an adapter.

There is a S-Video out in the black STB. You need to buy a S-video to component cable.

I am surprised that there is no composite input in your LED TV. I guess your component input works as composite input but may be it needs an adapter.
#

Thanks a lot for the response. I checked that the STB has a seven pin s video output. So if I buy a S video to 3 pin component converter then would it be fine? Please advice if you have used the S Video output from iptv in the past as Airtel guys are not confirming the same.

Thanks once again,
Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back